Chapter 23: The Tour, Part 2

As I prepared for the show, I adorned myself in the most stunning Bharatnatyam dancer's costume. The outfit was a work of art, with intricate designs and vibrant colors. It featured a beautifully crafted silk sari, adorned with traditional jewelry such as gold bangles, ghungroo (ankle bells), and intricate headpieces that added to the grandeur. My makeup was impeccable, highlighting the elegance of my dance form.

The music, a classic Bharatnatyam song, began to play, and I made my entrance from the shadows, moving gracefully like a goddess before the entire audience. The performance was intense, and every eye in the room was fixated on me. As the five-minute music came to an end, the audience erupted into applause. The judges were visibly moved, expressing how they had goosebumps from witnessing my dedication to the art form.

The kids who were there to perform rushed to me, showering me with hugs and kisses, and asking for pictures. It was a heartwarming moment of connection and admiration. After the performance, I changed into an elaborate Anarkali dress, still radiating elegance, and joined them for the rest of the show.

The Bharatnatyam performance became an internet sensation, setting social media on fire. The video of my dance garnered more views than the trailer itself, creating a massive buzz. Everyone was talking about it, and the excitement and anticipation for the movie reached an all-time high. Critics and fans alike were unanimous in their opinion that this was a movie not to be missed.

Geeta was thrilled with my dedication and celebrated with a well-deserved kiss. The board of producers was equally impressed, as my publicity stunt had exceeded their expectations, bringing global attention to our film. We received screening requests from around the world, including the US, UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa, and Japan, all willing to fund their own dubs. Geeta had already secured many regional dubs to ensure that the movie would be accessible to audiences in different languages within the country.

She also decided to fund the English dub, selecting the best voice acting studios to ensure a top-notch dubbing experience. We had already made substantial profits from screening rights, with the movie set to be shown on nearly 9,000 screens globally. It was a testament to Geeta's foresight and strategy that our movie was poised to make a significant impact on the international stage.

The two-week flexibility in our publicity tour brought an exciting opportunity to perform in both the US and the UK, and I couldn't afford to miss it. Geeta, Anu, and I packed our bags, and this time, I chose to showcase a different side of my style with a wardrobe full of Western outfits. I wore cute skirts, fashionable tops, jeans, blouses, and dresses, setting new fashion standards and making a statement wherever I went.

For the shows, I partnered with a young emerging singer, taking on the lead dancer role while she sang her pop songs. To make a strong statement, I appeared on stage with a rainbow flag-inspired sash, and together, we delivered an electrifying dance performance. The crowd loved it, and we performed in front of nearly 20,000 attendees. The concert was a massive success.

In the UK, we continued to give our all, but I wanted to offer a unique experience to differentiate the two shows. So, for this performance, I performed the same Bharatnatyam dance in front of the audience for the live show, which lasted a solid 15 minutes. I received roars and ground-vibrating applause. This tour marked the end of our international journey, and while it was a success, our primary focus remained on achieving domestic success with our movie.

It was an incredible feeling to see so many top industry actors making positive tweets about my movie and actively promoting it to their fans. This was a first-time experience for me, and it felt surreal. There were genuine actors who wanted to appreciate my art and had freely promoted it, genuinely excited for everyone to see it. At the same time, some had been paid handsomely by the producers for their endorsements, but to me, it didn't matter – their support was invaluable in reaching a wider audience.

I decided to personally invite every actor and big name in the industry over a phone call to attend my red carpet premiere in just two days, and to my delight, most of them promised me their presence. The anticipation for the premiere was building, and I couldn't wait to share this moment with my fellow actors and the world.