Chapter 11

"Sc..Sc..Sc..Scott?" I stuttered into the phone.
"Lydia, where have you been? We've been looking for you all night. Are you with Allison and Stiles? His dad said he just disappeared last night."
"You, you need to come down here. Right now." I whimpered. The sun had risen, and thankfully Stiles hadn't changed.
"LYDIA" Scott yelled into the phone.
"Sorry, I, I, I, didn't get any of, of that" I said, still trying not to cry again. "Just get here Scott. Now. We are, are, are by the cliff. You know the mini cave underneath?"
"Yeah, be there in 2."
I heard Scott approaching through the leaves, pushing his way through. I stood up, blocking his view of Stiles. And I started to cry again. He saw me and ran over, hugging me into him. "Lydia, whats wrong? Are you okay?" I shook my head no, grabbing Scott's hand to lead him over to the small cave. From looking at Stiles, you could only see that he had gotten a little dirty. Tears streaming down my face, I stopped next to him and lifted my jacket from where it rested upon his leg. I looked over at Scott, but he was no longer there.
"SCOTT! SCOTT?" I turned around, and as suddenly as he had left he was back. I could see his eyes welling up, and finally he got to the scariest question.
"Who? Who did it?" Scott asked me.
"I, I don't know. It was an alpha, and Stiles saved me. After you left, Allison and I were corned by two different alphas, and I don't know where Allison went. He was about to kill me but I screamed, and Stiles came and distracted it. It's all, it's all, it's all my fault! He told me not to go, and I still went. My best friend might be dead and my other is turning into a werewolf. All because of my, my, my stupid feeling! If I wasn't there, Stiles wouldn't have come and you guys wouldn't have stopped the car. I can't, I can't do it anymore, Scott. Everything I do gets people hurt, and I can't help them." I let out a deep breath as Scott took in everything I had said. He knew it was true, because it was. I would have to wait another month before we could see Stiles as Scott, and that was only if he didn't die.

"Sheriff, I don't know what happened. I was attacked in the woods and Stiles came to save me, and I know it's all my fault. You will probably hate me, but you can't hate me more than I will hate myself. I can't ever forgive myself. It was an alpha, and we don't know who he his or how long he's been here. There are two of them. I'm sorry, but Stiles is going to turn." I was finally speaking to Sheriff Stilinski after over three weeks of no interaction. I hadn't seen Stiles, besides behind glass. The hospital was holding him still because his bite wasn't healing and they thought it was infected. He wasn't turning yet, but It didn't look like he would die. The Sheriff turned around, and I could hear him sniffle. I turned on my heel and walked out of the hospital, jumping in the car to go to Allison's. She had almost been bitten, but last minute grabbed the bat that I had brought to knock out the alpha. Her bow had been snapped in half and all her weapons had been unreachable. I felt better knowing that I helped saved her, but it still didn't kill the growing guilt of placing her there in the first place. The full moon was only a few days away, and I wasn't prepared to see Stiles change. With the full moon came the werewolves, which meant we would most likely come in contact with the alphas.

"I don't think I can do it, Scott. I can't watch him change like that. He never wanted it, he liked being himself." I said.
"Do you think it's going to be any easier for me? He's been my best friend for my entire life, and I've been there with him through everything. The only reason you finally noticed him was when he told you what you had been doing to him, and I still don't think you fully understand. You don't care like you think you do. You just feel bad for him, and he doesn't want pity. He wants you to return his love." Scott snapped. Why had I thought Scott would be okay with this? I stared at him, trying to understand. When he broke our gaze, I turned around and speed walked over to the bathroom. I pulled out my phone and texted Allison to meet me, which she did less than 2 minutes later.
"What's up?" Allison asked.
"I don't know, I just can't believe it's tomorrow. And I tried to talk to Scott, but he just yelled at me. He's going through exactly what I am, but worse. And he's acting much tougher. I don't think I can go tomorrow. Can you and Scott and Isaac handle him?"
"Yeah, of course, Lydia. You don't realize this, but we aren't going to hate you if you don't come to everything we do. The other night, which was NOT your fault, you didn't have to come. You aren't obligated to come on all these dangerous missions." She leaned in and hugged me, holding me tight for what seemed like forever. I finally whispered in her ear "Tell Scott that I do care about Stiles. No matter what." She nodded and looked up at me before walking out of the bathroom, back to class.