Chapter One

Skyler's POV

Moments.

Life is made up of little moments, they are what fill in the holes of the big pictures and the missing pieces. My life has been filled with nothing but moments, good, bad and unfortunate. Standing in a bridal shop trying on wedding dresses is one of my unfortunate moments.

I never saw myself as the marrying type, I prefer being a free spirt uncaged by the rules of society. But coming from the family that I have it makes being a free spirit a little hard. I am the youngest daughter of one of the most powerful and influential men in the country.

Ever since I was a kid there was a certain way I was expected to act, carry myself and the people I was associated with. When I was younger I followed by the rules did what was asked of me, I wanted to be the perfect daughter for my family.

So, here I am once again doing what my family asks of me agreeing to marry a man I don't know. Ancient, I know but I love my family so I am being a good girl, I look at myself in the mirror at my appearance.

The dress my mother picked out for me is stunning and very over the top, it's a ballgown-like wedding dress with lace and a veil a mile long. She is going over the top for this wedding so is the whole town, I can't go out or pick up a magazine without seeing something about myself and this wedding.

Everyone is very excited about this but not me, I honestly don't want to get married to a man I don't know or even like, just because my father said to. I have tried arguing with him, pleading with him, even running away but everything so far has failed.

So, I have accepted my role I will marry this man that he has picked for me, but it will not be pretty for either of them. I can play or pretend like a good daughter and walk the lines mapped out for me but I am rebel at heart and I take pleasure in being very petty.

I am going to go through with this wedding just like they want, I like be the perfect daughter and daughter-in-law for now. I finish with my dress fitting heading home, I look up as we pull into my father estate it is a 74-acre estate with a huge house and various other houses on the land.

I have my own mansion where I used to live, but after I ran my father has me on round the clock surveillance, I can't go anywhere without guards and a two-car escort. Your probably wondering why I am agreeing to this and the answer is simple I love my family.

And we all do crazy things for our family this just happens to be my crazy thing.

Talking greets me as I enter the living room, I look up from my phone to find a bunch of woman standing around talking. They all look at me smiling I take them in and they are all socialites and heiress apart of my mother's club.

"Your just in time" my mom walks up to me taking my hand bringing me to the center of the room. "Now I know you said you didn't care about your bridal shower so..." she puts me to sit in a chair.

I sit and watch as everyone talks and gifts are brought out I look up at my mom and she is smiling, she has been very happy with the wedding planning and being the talk of the town. You would think after planning two weddings and having all this attention before she would get tired of it. But no she lives for it.

"Having fun?" Evan asks as I walk into his study.

Evan Teagan he is my older brother and the only person who doesn't lie to me or keep me in the dark about anything. I look over at him his dark green eyes taking me in my brother is very handsome, he has dark hair with high cheek bones and a killer smile.

He looks like a super model you see on magazine covers and he keeps himself in shape too. I walk over to the bar pouring myself a drink; I take it down in full before refilling my glass.