Chapter Thirteen

Caspian's POV

How did things get this bad? How did we get here?

I am sitting in my wheelchair at Skyler's bedside as she sleeps, I take her in both her hands bandaged and little cuts on her upper arm and shoulder. I can't believe this is happening to us we were so happy before, she was so happy and now...

Everything is so out of control.

I wanted to make her happy forever to see the shine in her eyes, but I fear I might have put it out forever. I take her hand into mine feeling it and it's cold she looks so pale and cold, I want her back her warmth her love I want her.

I don't want the last moment we share to be in uncertainty, I know I told her I couldn't love her that I can't give her what she wanted but I lied. I do care for her, I feel for her more than I have ever felt for anyone ever and it scares me. It scares me that the minute I let her in, the minute I let her know how I feel she will leave me just like her.

"You should get some rest honey?" My mom says coming into the room.

"I'm not leaving her side" I tell her.

"You need your rest honey, you were just in an accident"

"I'm not leaving my wife" I yell even though I don't mean to. "I'm sorry mom I just..." I look at Skyler. "I can't leave her"

She gives me a nod walking out I don't care how long it takes, I'm going to stay here with her until she wakes up. I sit watching her sleep keeping my hand on hers, I would give anything to go back in time before I told her I needed space. I never needed space from her I just wanted to be sure there was nothing I could do to hurt her ever.

I wanted to close any doors that were open, resolve anything left in my past before being complete with her. I had tracked down Vivian the woman I first loved, I wanted to know why she did what she did. I wanted to know if it is me, that I am truly unlovable or if she just wanted to hurt me but I wasn't prepared for the answer I got.

Tracking her down was easy but knowing that she has a kid, a son that she says is also my son was not something I was looking for. I wanted to close my past, move on with my life and open up to loving my wife but now I fear I might be losing her.

She hurt herself she got hurt because of me and that's something I can never forgive myself for.

"Ugh" Skyler groans turning. "Mom" she whispers.

"I'm right here baby" I stroke her hair.

"It's hurts" she cries. "Everything hurts"

I place a kiss on her hand. "I know baby. I'm so sorry I'm going to fix everything you just rest okay" I tell her and she turns facing me bright blue eyes tired. "Just for me baby" I say and she nods.

I hold her hand as she sleeps her skin warming up. I have to fix everything before she wakes up and I have to be honest with her I don't want to lie or hide anymore I can't lose her I just can't.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" Asher asks walking into my room.

It has been a few days since everything happened and I have been busy putting everything into motion for when Skyler gets home. She is being released from the hospital today, it took a lot of begging on my part and her brother to get her to agree to come home to me.

I know that she hates me right now and wants nothing to do with me, her brother told me she thinks we all knew about Vivian and the baby but we didn't. I want everything to be out in the open for her, she is hurting right now and the way she handles her pain scares me.