Chapter Two

Skyler's POV

One year later...

Freedom.

It's something we all crave and want in life, whether it's the freedom of a fist car, or the freedom of being in charge of your own life. Knowing that you have the power and control over where your life goes and what you do is exhilarating.

I never imagined when I got married that I would ever find a way out to live the life that I want, but I never gave up hope that I could have the life I wanted. Now here I am a year later happily divorced and living my best life, I was a little surprised that my plan worked and my father let me go out on my own.

My father isn't the easiest man to deal with or convinced to let his baby girl go off on her own; without any interference from him or his friends. As much as I don't agree with what my father did, marrying me off to his business partner for a contract. I don't hate him for it, I learned at a young age that my family is business first and everything else second.

I have accepted that that is the family I was born into but not the life I want for myself. I was lucky to find that loophole and got out when I did and now I am living my life. Your probably wondering what is this life that I am living, well it is very simple this life of mine.

Thanks to my father and him never letting me want for anything, I have a hefty inheritance set up by him, which is not to be mistaken by the trust fund my grandparents left me. Not to mention the money my in-laws gave me when I got married and when I got divorce.

I have enough money to never work a day in my life but that's not what I want. I have spent the last year traveling around the world with a group of humanitarians bringing food, water and medical supply to people who don't have it.

I have traveled to so many countries seen and experienced so much that every day I wake up I am thankful for it. I am currently in Kenya with a group of doctors bringing medical supplies to a remote village; I have always wanted to see this part of the world be reminded of how lucky I am.

This year has been a whirlwind of adventures and fun, I have met and seen some interesting things and people it's exactly how I want my life to be. It has put some things into perspective for me though, regarding what I want to do with my life. There are so many people that don't have anything and are barely surviving.

I have all this money and I want for nothing it's a privilege I know, but I want to do something with it. I am due back home in a couple of days and I have been thinking about investing in foundations like these give back.

I know how that sounds investing, putting money into a foundation and never looking back but that's not me; I want to help not only fund this foundation I want to be hands on. It will be complicated at first and finding the right people who won't steal my money but I know I can do it.

"Good morning" I greet the kids in the village.

I walk over to the medical tent greeting the doctors and nurses working, I have learned so much from them. I never imagined that I would learn how to tie off a wound or stitch up a cut, I have learned a lot of survival skills traveling with them.

"All pack to go home?" Dina asks and I give her a nod. "Your family excited your coming home?"

"I doubt it" I tell her washing my hand. "I didn't leave on good terms with them"

"Well at least you'll be sleeping in a bed again" she says and I smile.

"When are you heading back?" I ask.

"Not for a while" she says. "I hope I see you again"

"Oh you will" I tell her.

We finish our day working with the kids before heading out, I walk into my tent to find my things packed. I don't travel with much these days I walk over to my bag grabbing a change of clothes before heading for the streams.