Chapter Eleven

Skyler's POV

I wake to the sound of hushed talking, I open my eyes to see that I'm still in my room the blinds are drawn but there is a little light fluttering in. I try sitting up in bed when soft hands help me I look up as Caspian helps me sit up.

I hold my head as it hurts I look up to find Jasmine watching me, I take her in and she has a worried look on her face. Jasmine Teagan she is my brother's wife and a complete sweetheart; she is a doctor and always comes running when I'm in need.

"How are you feeling?" She asks checking my vitals.

"Like I ate bad salmon" I tell her and she smiles.

"Your humor was always funniest when you're sick" she says and I smile.

"So, what's wrong this time?" I ask and she sighs looking at Caspian.

I want to be open with Caspian I do, but there are some parts of my life that I haven't shared with anyone outside of my blood family. Jasmine knows about most of it because she was there for it but I don't know if I'm ready to share it with Caspian.

"Can you give us a minute" I say and he sighs.

He walks over to me giving me a light kiss. "I'll be waiting right outside" he tells me and I nod.

He walks out of the room leaving us alone, Jasmine walks over to her bag taking out an injection. I roll up my sleeve as she sits beside me giving me the injection, I take a breath feeling my body tingle.

"How much did he see?" I ask.

"You fainted after throwing up so we were lucky" she tells me. "Your fever will go down in a few hours and so will your headaches"

"Bed rest and soup" I say knowing the drill.

"Yes." She tells me. "I am scheduling you for a checkup in a few days"

I groan pulling the covers over my head, I don't want to think about this I just want to enjoy my life and fight with my husband not this.

"You know how this works Sky" she says pulling the covers from my head. "It's been too long. You can run from everything but your own body" she tells me.

I look up at her light brown eyes honest this is the other thing about my sweet sister-in-law she is always honest and straight forward. She is right I need to get a checkup and know what's going on in my body especially of late.

"Fine, but I won't like it" I pout making her laugh.

She stands placing a kiss on my head.

"You never do" she says gathering her things. "Check your email. I love you" she walks out and Caspian walks in.

He walks over to me taking me light green eyes scanning to ensure I am okay, I extend my hand to him he takes it sitting in bed with me. I don't want him to worry about me I will be fine we will be fine, we just have to give ourselves time.

"Are you hungry?" he ask after some time.

"No, I just want to rest" I tell him.

"Okay" he places a kiss on my hand. "I'll let you rest"

"Don't go" I mumble sleepily.

I feel the bed dip before strong arms secured around me and I fell asleep feeling safe.

*******

I wake feeling warm I turn rolling into an empty spot, I open my eyes and my vision is blurry I close my eyes reopening them and it clear. I look around to see that I'm in my room the blinds are still drawn hiding the time from me, I sit up pulling back the sheets getting out of bed.