Chapter Eighteen

Skyler's POV

Six months later...

We never know where life is going to take us. The road is endless and the lessons are priceless. After everything that I have been through I never thought I would see myself here, happy and in love.

I look up as I near Caspian and I can't stop my tears, it has been a busy few months, after everything we went through with Vivian and adopting Julian. We finally found a moment for ourselves, we are finally having our wedding again.

Once I was cleared for travel Caspian flew us out to Italy for a beach front wedding, he kept with everything on my list for a small intimate wedding. Just our families and close friends my dad gives me a kiss on the cheek before shaking hands with Caspian.

I take Caspian's hand feeling this calm come over me, I have never been more happy in my life. Standing here with the man I love knowing that he loves me too, having our family here witnessing our love it more than I wanted.

"You may now kiss you bride" the priest says.

Caspian pulls me to him kissing me deeply dipping me and everyone cheers, we pull back breathless his head on mine.

"I love you" we say at the same time.

We turn facing everyone and they are smiling at us happily this is all I ever wanted, to be happy and seeing my family happy. We all head into the house getting settled drinking and sharing stories, my first wedding was nothing like this it has more about the business but this, this is about us and that makes me happy.

"You look so beautiful honey" my mom says hugging me. "How are feeling?"

"Happy" I tell her. "I never thought it would turn out like this" I say watching Caspian play with Julian.

"I did" she tells me. I look at her with a frown. "I knew he would make you happy, that's why I never filed the papers"

"What?" I yell causing everyone to look at me.

"Baby what's wrong?" Caspian asks coming to me.

"Tell me your lying. Tell me your just wanting to take credit for something you had nothing to do with like always" I ask and she looks around at everyone. "Mom, please" I beg and she sighs.

"What's going on?" Caspian asks looking at us. "Hey, baby what's wrong?"

"Why?" I ask. "Why mom? Didn't you think I could find it on my own? You had to make it happen for me?"

"I just wanted to help" she says stepping to me, I step back.

"You thought I needed your help to fall in love?" I ask she looks behind me at Caspian.

I shake my head I can't believe she did this, she thought we need her help to fall in love with everything they put us through. I shake my head walking out of the room I can't look at her right now, today was supposed to be my happy day but once again my mother had to ruin it.

I walk along the beach just clearing my head before Caspian walks up to me, I don't want to be angry not today I was so happy before. But to think that my mother didn't file our divorce papers she thought she could force us into this not that we knew but still.

"She didn't do it" Caspian says making me frown.

"What?" I ask.

"I asked her to delay them after you left" he tells me. "I know it was selfish of me especially after everything you went through but." He steps to me taking my hand. "I knew I couldn't let you go, I didn't know if it was love or lust. I just knew I wanted you in my life as more than a friend or an ex-wife."