Chapter Twelve

Skyler's POV

"Can we just talk about your glow of late" Elle says making me blush.

I am out having a girls day with my big sister and sister-in-law, after everything that happened with me telling Caspian that I love him and his reaction we have just been taking things slow. He moved into a guest room for a few days, he said he wanted to give me space to think carefully about what I said.

I didn't want him to but I could see that the space had more to do with him than me, so even though it pained me I told me I'd stay with my folks. I wanted him to stop me to tell me that he didn't want me to leave, but he didn't and it hurt me.

I know he needs time to come to grip with my revelation and sort out whatever he is feeling and I am giving him that time. I spent a few days with my family just connecting and having fun before heading back home, I was expecting him to be waiting for me but all I got was a note telling me had had to travel for work.

At first I was upset and hurt at the way he left but after a few days if him texting and calling I got over it; I have missed him these last few days not having him around me holding me I miss that.

After lunch we all went shopping, we are all heading to the Carrington's for a dinner party I have been trying to get out of it but my mother insists I go. I just want to stay home and wait for Caspian so that we can talk and get back to us, I miss us.

A few days later...

He's going to be okay he has to be okay.

It's the middle of the night and I just got a call from a hospital telling me that Caspian was in an accident. He was due back home days ago but he said something came up; I haven't heard from him in days and I was worried but now, now he's hurt.

I have no idea what to expect or what has happened all the lady told me was that he was in an accident some car ran a light. I didn't even know he was in town let alone getting in an accident; I am going out of my mind with worry.

"Skyler" my mom calls walking up to me.

I stand hugging her. I am sitting in the hospital just waiting, waiting for news on Caspian but nothing. All they told me was that he was in surgery and they were working on him.

"He's going to be okay" she tells me.

I hug her crying on her shoulder.

"What happened?" my dad asks as we all sit and wait.

"I don't know. I got a call a few hours ago that he was in accident" I tell him. "I didn't even know he was in town"

I look down at my wedding ring. He's going to be okay he has to be okay I can't lose him not when I've just found him I can't. We sit and wait for what feels like hours before the doctors came to see us.

"How is he?" I ask before he could get a word out.

"He's fine." He says and I breath. "He suffered a mild concussion which we are observing. He fractured Tibia which we were able to mend in surgery he should be waking up in a few hours" he tells us.

"Thank you" Mr. Carrington shakes his hand.

"Can I see him?" I ask and he gives me a nod.

He takes me down the hall to where Caspian was I walk up to his room looking in at him and my heart breaks. Seeing him lying in bed with a cast over his leg and bruises all over him, I can't believe he got hurt like this someone hurt him.

I stand taking him in my tears flowing unable to move when a woman rushes past me, she stops at the room crying walking up to Caspian's bed taking his hand into hers crying all over him. What the hell? I stand watching the scene unfold I walk over to the nurses station.