Chapter Seventeen

Skyler's POV

Hands bound, a gag in my mouth and smelly warehouse.

I look around as men stand guard I'm not surprise to be in this position again, being held against my will a pawn to use against my family or in this case for money. I wasn't surprised when Vivian showed up at the house with guys wanting money, I knew I couldn't trust her but I wanted to believe that she was good.

So I gave her the money. Money is not a problem for us we have more than enough, I gave her what I had in my safe in my study but she wanted more. She wanted what Caspian had in his but I didn't know the code to his safe but that didn't stop her.

She had her men break into his safe taking everything he had, I thought they were going to leave but one of her men said to take me. So here I sit waiting for my family to pay them or rescue me, it's funny to think after all these years all I have overcome I end up a bargaining chip once again.

I was fifteen when I first realize how much power my family had and how much money. I knew that we had money that we were rich but I never knew how rich until I was kidnapped. I was fifteen and defying everything my family stood for.

I dated boys my father didn't approve off, snuck out to parties and crashed cars, my parents always had a tight hold on me guards and everything but I always managed to slip them until one day I slid right into danger.

I had snuck out to go to a party like always, I was having fun when my guards showed up only they weren't my guards. They drugged me and held me using me to milk my father for his money, when he didn't pay right away they decided to show him they meant business.

Getting kidnapped wasn't anything like in the movies, where they held a pretty rich girl in a dirty room and promise to hurt her. These people didn't promise to hurt me they hurt me, videotaped it and showed it to my father.

Six broken ribs, a fractured collar bone, punctured lung and a broken jaw. They were merciless and I felt it I was lucky to survive that or so I thought but here I am being held again. But I'm not worried these men are nothing like that, they are greedy not smart not like them.

"Are you sure we should have taken her?" Vivian asks looking at me. "He won't be civil"

"But he will pay" the guy says walking over to me.

He cups my face making me look at him dark brown eyes cold but I have seen colder, he doesn't scare me.

"Or we kill her" he says.

"What?" Vivian steps to him. "We can't kill her do you know who she is?"

The guy smiles brushing my hair from my face before stroking my cheek.

"She's his heart" he tells her releasing me. "He will pay or we kill her" he walks out of the room.

I close my eyes blocking them out, I think of happier times, times spent with my family, Caspian, Julian. I think of what I have done with my life the people I have helped, the love I have given and received. I was happy. I have felt happiness the one I thought I never would I got more than I wanted from life.

I open my eyes looking around if I have to die I am contented knowing I have lived and loved, my only worry is the people I leave behind. Knowing that Caspian will never love again, he will close himself off and Julian, that poor innocent child he will forever be broken by this.

The sound of gunshot rings through the air, I look to the door as smoke fills the room. The guy from before drags me to my feet pulling me to the back of the warehouse. I struggle against him trying to get free.