2

I whimpered in my big brothers arms, he shushed me with his eyes and covered my mouth with his hand.

We hid from him and his drunken state.

I don't remember it always being like this or maybe that's just what I tricked myself into believing.

I believed it wasn't always like this but, if that was true before it wasn't true now.

If daddy chaught us...

I didn't like it down there. It was cold. And no one could hear you.

"Now, kids. Daddy's all better now. He won't hurt you." His voice was even and smooth.

Anyone else would have been tempted out but for us, My brother Isaac and I that was not the case.

I heard him get closer to our hiding space, as if I would somehow become part of him, I squeezed in closer to my big brother. My previous sobs were still wet on the shirt he wore but, he hugged his arms tighter around me slightly rocking.

Was it weird to say that for a moment I felt clam and at ease?

I wish that moment lasted longer...

The closet door flew open, thick fingers tangled themselves in my chestnut hair and yanked me from Isaac's safe arms.

"I-I-Isaac!!" I cried holding out my little arms to him.

"IOTA!" Our fingers were both clammy and slipped through each other when we reached.

"Owwwwww!." I screamed in pain as daddy pulled me by my hair higher into the air.

"Get off." He commanded back handing Isaac who whacked head on the wall.

Daddy released my hair, making me feel as though I was falling before his arm locked around my ribs to his chest.

"ISAAC, ISAAC,ISAAC!" I screamed back at my brothers motionless body.

I smelled it before I heard the ceaking of the door, the door that had lead to nightmares. I smelled of dieing animals, water mold, and lost childhood. I fought harder, kicking harder, screaming louder, moving my arms and nails more.

"Shit.." I heard him cuss.

My tiny left hand, wrapped round his meaty right one. This hand had once again found it's way into my hair.

"Ahh!" I felt the pain run a crouse through my wrist as he dropped me.

With my teary, blurred vision, I stared up at my father, starring down at me as if he was a God of some sort.

"You can come out when you learn to be a good girl." He said this with a devil like grin.

The top closed and the locked sounded.

"No,No, No,No,no, no no!" I said feeling the walls close in already.

"ISAAC!" I tried my brother again.

My tiny fists best against the box, and I screamed till my voice was raw, then I kept screaming and pounding. If my wrist wasn't broken before it was now.

"Learn to be a good girl and I wouldn't have to punish you."

Then the door slammed, I listened to his heavy steps carry him to the room where Isaac lay.