26

"It really burns."
"Yeah, it does"
"ow. Shit."

"We just said-"
"What the hell is that."
"LANA!"

I sat up and quietly sob to my insides. I lifted up my clothes in question and lightly ran my fingers over the claw marks.

"Ms. McCall." I whipped to see David scream down the hall. My ears rang to the sound of his voice.

"Won't Isaac be so happy that you're awake?" A woman with black cringe hair said smiling at me.

"My belly hurts and my ears ring at loud noises." I said pointing back at Davie.

"You're... Scott's mother?"

She smiled and nodded.

She took my blood pressure and checked whatever else she was doing her job very tenderly... Like a mom. Good job mom.

I layed back down at the order of Mama McCall.

"Lie with me." I said to David.

"What happened?" I asked getting comfortable on his chest.

"You happened. You found a way to harness your power from the blood moon."

" Sounds fantastic," I moved his arm around my neck"Where's Ravel?"

"In the other room with Boyd. She woke for a minute and then she went out again... Just like you."
Those last three words were like whisper.

***********

"What are you doing?"

Isaac.

"I told him to lay with me." I said sitting up and blocked the bright hospital light from my eyes.

Looking up at Isaac, David got up and let I frowned feeling the cold spot next to me.

It was quiet even a  few minutes after David left the room. We both were looking for words.

"Why did you do that?"

"It was the only way."

"Did you know?- Did you  That was going to happen?"
"No. I didn't."

"Lanna I could have killed you!"

I could my eyes pricking, the tears we're coming.

"The last time you called me Lanna you left and I never saw you. No, I didn't know that was going to happen. If it makes you feel any better I don't even remember what happened."

"I came back!. Lana. I came back every night. Just as I promised."

I sat up this time taking the pillow with me and throwing it at him.

"You could have told me!You could have came to me. I went crazy everyday trying to figure out where you where, where you went. I heard nothing from you or about you. I forced myself to believe that you were  ALIVE,healthy, and some place happy."

We yelled in low tones at each other. I don't know why all I wanted to do was scream and yell at him.

"Don't come near me Isaac." I warned him grabbing the second pillow and aiming.

"It killed me everyday to find you in my room, bundled up in my shirt, buried under my covers. I wanted to tell you, Lana i did but, i just didn't know how . i wasn't even in control of myself, i didn't want hurt you."

"But, you did."

his face fell at my words

"You hurt me by leaving me and you didn't say anything. You just up and left. Did you even think about what you were doing to me. Isaac you left me by myself. ANd you broke your promise, the one promise that ever met anything to me. 

" Lana K. Lahey. I'm so sorry. i hurt you. But, i'm here now. I'm here and i peomise i won't leave again. If i do then you're coming with me. we'll leave together."

i was crying now, and the tears wouldn't stop. i put down my pillow and sat on the bed.

"You really promise. you won't leave me. i can't do this with you again."

He helped me stand up and huuged.

"i promise. i really promise.    

I cried more and beat his chest as he hugged me. He rocked me slowly until my cries turned into sobs and my sobs put me back to sleep.

I did miss my brother. I really did.