9

"Lana. Get Up. Lana. Come on Lana."
My heavy eyes parted but, quickly closed again.

"I'm tired Isaac." I pouted to my brother who was encouraging me to up.

"It's not working. Whatever they'd got her drugged with-"

He was cut off by the female voice from before...

"Well carry her because I'm not leaving her here any longer." This voice however soft and sugary it sounded was angry.

"Who said I was going to leave her."

I wanted to smile because, I pictured his smile but, something stopped me.
In my head I was telling this unknown girl that my big brother would never leave me but, another part of my head told me different.

From then on I was in and I was out. My brothers voice and that girls voice rang loudly in my ears and they was so screaming and shouting and and footsteps lots of footsteps but, they were running pounding hard onto the floor.

"Hurry."

Cold wind, I hugged myself closer to Isaac. His smell was off. I convinced myself it was officially the girl that made him smell so different.

"Hang on, we're going to get you some help."

"Backseat. Stay with her."

An engine roared to life and then it was silent,I opened my eyes just a crack. I could see the tops of the trees wiping past at very fast pace.

I smiled.

Trees.

"How's she doing?" The girl asked

"She's smiling. You think she's somewhat aware of us?" Isaac asked.

I wiggled my body closer to his warmth hoping to answer his question without words since my lips didn't seem to be working.

"Yes." The girl said. I could tell there was a smile in her voice.

My big brother had finally come back for me.