4

"Isaac." I shot up in bed, and shouted his name out loud in my sleepy state.

"U okay?" He asked coming over to me.

My thoughts took me back, to a few hours ago. My eyes stung and the pain in my wrist relived,

"No." I said running into his arms.

I pulled back and looked at the bag he tossed on the bed, "What's that?"

"Something for your wrist." He said. Climbing onto the bed.

I sat across from him as he removed the things from the bag. Little tiny sisccors, medicine, and some fluffy thick wrap.

"It's a gaze." Isaac said watching me stare at the bundle wrap.

"Gaze." I said back to him.

He smiled, I loved my brothers smile, it was soft and sweet. It always made me a little jealous of the girl that my brother was going to fall in love with being his little sister I claimed that smile as mine own.

We used the moon, that was shinning brightly as our work light. Isaac moved slow, and gently making care not to hurt me more.

"Here take two of these."

He handed me two little blue pills, I rolled them round in my hand but, dropped one.

"What are they?" I asked as he placed another one in my hand.

"They are supposed to help with the pain." He said handing another pill to me, along with a bottle of water.

"Stop playing with them."

I took them without another question, I knew my big brother would never hurt me.As I took them I noticed the bag was not empty yet.

"What else did you get?" I asked leaning over him to try and get to the bag but, he stopped me.

That smile again.

"It that for you?" I asked smiling with him. For some strange reason with no way of explaining, I always felt happy when Isaac went out and got himself something. He always did things for me.

"No. It's not for me." He said the smile still evident on his face.

I was confused, what more could he have gotten me.

He instructed me to close my eyes and I do as I was told. The white bag rustled with movement, I heard a snap and then a rush of cool wind.

"Okay. Open them."

I yelled with happiness and Iassc shused me by covering my mouth with his hand. front of me, in Izzy's hand was the fan from the store window.

"Happy Birthday, Lana." He said smiling wider now that it was clear to him that I liked my gift.

I jumped up and down on his bed, swinging the arms of his shirt with me as I went.

"Alright, Tweet. Sit down." He pulled my (His)sleeve.

Tweet. Short for Tweety which in turn was short for Tweety Bird. We have loads of nicknames for each other.

"Oh. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love it. Iz, I really do." I said pulling him into one of my happy hugs.

"Okay. Now listen.. You have to keep this well hidden and only bring it out when it's late. Like this." Isaac steadied my head making me look at him.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. I promise." I said nodding as best as I could.

I hid myself under covers as Isaac switched into his jammies.

"Can I wear my shirt tomorrow?" He asked stopping in the middle of the story, I asked him to tell.

"But, I like it." I pouted.

He only laughed and continued telling the tale until I fell asleep.

The next day, I hid my birthday present in a safe spot. I had a permanent frown on my face and fought back more tears as Isaac got ready for school.

"Hey, I'll be back. Don't I always comeback.?"

I nodded my head yes and pulled the back of my hand across my cheeks.

"I'll always come back for you. I promsie." He said as he left, getting on his bike and riding off.

As I watched him pedal down the street I smiled lightly.My big brother wouldn't ever leave me alone. He promised.