Chapter Three

Alice

The next day, I drive myself to school grateful for having my dad's truck in case I need to make a quick getaway. Which is what I explained to Paige when she offered me a ride this morning. I pull into the lot and park next to Wanda and walk pass Finn's car on my way inside, but thankfully don't see him. At least until I turn down the hallway toward my locker.

I actually have to blink a few times to make sure I am not seeing things, but there at the end of the hall is Finn Sawyer. And attached to his face is the insufferable Callie.

"Wow, that prick should count himself lucky that I'm not corporeal," Tyler growls.

I quickly hide to avoid being spotted, although with the way they were making out I could probably walk right up to them and dance the macarena and they wouldn't notice. Then I have to wait until the bell the rings for them to finally split apart and head to class. Double checking that the coast is clear, I rush to my locker to put away my backpack and grab my books.

I arrive to first period a couple of minutes late, but thankfully my calculus teacher either doesn't notice, or doesn't care. Locking eyes with Paige, I slide into my seat as she leans across the aisle to asks what's happened.

"Finn and Callie were expressing their feelings for each other in front of my locker," I inform her. "I had to wait for them to clear out before I could get my stuff."

"He doesn't waste time, does he?" she comments, but then flinches when she realizes that I didn't either. "Sorry," she mouths as the teacher calls the class to attention.

She was right of course. No matter how much it hurt to see them together I had no right to judge or be jealous. But while I did feel guilty for how quickly I moved on to Elijah, it's not like he was a random stranger I just met on the street.

Okay, so maybe I did technically just meet him and the location was street adjacent, but who knows how long we have actually been together. If anything I should feel guilty towards Eli for my relationship with Finn. Even though that would also be crazy since I didn't know about his existence. Not outside of my dreams anyway. It was all complicated.

And as for Finn and Callie, yes it sucked watching him be with somebody else after such a short time, but I left him. It's not like he owed me anything. Plus, she wasn't a stranger to him either. He was already kind of with her before he even met me.

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

I spend the time in between my next two classes carefully making my way through the halls and having Tyler check around corners to give me a thumbs up when it's clear. I have to assume that somebody has told Finn that I am back by now, and by the time I walk to fourth period physics, I am almost hyperventilating. This is the class I have with Callie, and Finn's is right across the hall. They will be nearly impossible to avoid. At least my friends were here with me.

Paige and I arrive together and I try to keep my head down in my seat, but when I hear his voice and I can't help but turn toward the sound like I have no will of my own. Though I wish I wouldn't have, because I see Finn walk Callie up to the door and kiss her. I want to advert my eyes, but apparently I'm a masochist and I'm unable to look away.

When they are finally done sucking face and Callie walks in the classroom, he follows the movements of her behind until she passes my seat and his face drops. We lock eyes for a second and then the teacher enters the room, telling Finn he should get to class, before shutting the door on his face. He continues to look through the window, but I quickly turn away from him and face the front of the room. Which isn't much better, because there I have an angry Callie glaring at me.