Chapter Thirty-Four

Finn

When I finally head to bed, Alice and Eli are already curled up together and asleep. She is wearing his t-shirt, but her jeans were on the floor and her bra was thrown across the room. Not to mention her hair was a tangled mess of waves. I knew what their plan was when she declared that they were going to bed early, but having the evidence so clear in front of me still felt like a punch in the gut. Looks like Zoey was wrong after all.

I curl up on my blankets and let the sadness take me.

"Finn."

I look over thinking Alice is awake after all, but her eyes are close and her breathing is even. I think I must have been hearing things. Until I watch her beautiful lips move and form my name with my own eyes. "Finn."

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

The next morning I am the first one to wake. I sit up and stretch my stiff back from sleeping on the floor, then look over at Alice still asleep in her bed. From this vantage point on the floor I can only see her and not Eli, so it's easier to pretend he doesn't exist. I am the only one here with her, and it's just the two of us. For a moment anyway.

She has kicked the blanket off and is laying on her back with one arm over her head, which causes the t-shirt to ride up, giving me full view of her stomach. From the waist down she is only wearing her boy shorts underwear. She is beautiful.

I take the corner of the blanket and pull it up to cover her body. She isn't mine to look at anymore, and I'm sure she would not be okay with being on display. Then I get up and head downstairs, leaving her with the guy who is lucky enough to call Alice his.

I head for the pantry to grab myself some cereal, and when I turn around to set it on the counter, Tristan is suddenly sitting on one of the barstools. And I nearly have a heart attack. "Geez, dude! A little warning next time."

"Well, I couldn't exactly knock before teleporting in, could I," he remarks.

I ignore him and take my breakfast to the couch and turn on the T.V. while Tristan grabs himself a bowl to join me. It's the same thing we would normally do after a night of drinking at my house, and it's almost enough to make me forget that he is a deadly siren who tried to kill me once. Almost.

We hang in silence until Paige and Cole loudly make

their way down the stairs, already arguing. "I do not snore!" Cole shouts.

"Yes you do! It may not be very loud, but it's still enough to make me want to smother you with a pillow," Paige shouts back.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing I will be sleeping somewhere else tonight, anyway. Isn't it?!"

"I guess it is! That way I can finally have some peace from your insufferable snoring!!!"

"I don't snore!!!" Cole throws his hands up in the air in frustration.

"Yes you do," Eli tells him, while coming down the stairs. Though why he has to walk around without a shirt, I don't know.

"Wow, who side are you on anyway?" Cole says.

"No sides, just facts. You snore."

Paige starts singing the 'I told you so' song and Cole grabs her by the waist making her squeal, and just like that the argument has turned to laughter and kisses.