I'm coming mom!

Requested by NinaR55

Synopsis: Charlie goes and meets Ezra's mom.

Charlie's POV

I had been dying to see Ezra's mom's house ever since we started dating. I mean, I knew it was silly to want to visit your significant other's mom's house, but I couldn't help it. I had heard so much about the delicious meals she cooked and the cozy little nooks in her house.

But every time I mentioned it to Ezra, she would come up with some excuse or the other. "Oh, she's out of town this weekend," or "Her dog is sick, so she can't have anyone over." I understood why she was hesitant to take me there. Ezra is a bit old-fashioned and didn't want to show up at her mom's house with a non-girlfriend.

But, when I got a text from her mom inviting me over for dinner, I was thrilled and giddy all at once. I couldn't resist. I mean, how bad could it be? Right?

I decided to play it cool and not tell Ezra that her mom had invited me over. I knew she'd find a way to stop me. So, I made small talk with her mom over text and decided on a date to come over.

When the day finally came, I couldn't contain my excitement. I dressed up in my best outfit and nervously drove two hours to Ezra's childhood home. Her mom greeted me warmly and ushered me inside. "Charlie darling! Come in!" she said with a smile.

We chatted for a while, and I got a tour of the house. It was just as cozy and charming as I had imagined it to be. It also felt like I was on a first date with someone's mom, which was simultaneously nerve-wracking and hilarious.

But the real fun began when we sat down to dinner. The lasagna was incredible – no wonder it was famous.

"This lasagna is amazing, Mrs. Johnson! I can't believe I've never tried it before." I said, savoring the taste of her signature dish.

"Call me Mom, Charlie and I'm glad you like it. I've been perfecting the recipe for years."

" Well, you've definitely perfected it mom. It's so flavorful." I replied, blushing shyly at hearing myself call her mom.

"Thank you dear. I'm really happy to hear that."

We continued to chat and share stories, and I felt like I was truly getting to know Ezra's mom on a deeper level. At one point, she turned to me and asked, "So, do you see a future with my daughter? Are you serious about her?"

I swallowed nervously and gave a hesitant nod. "Yes, I am. I really care about her, and I can see us having a future together."

Ezra's mom smiled warmly and patted my hand. "That's all I needed to hear. I can tell you're a good person, and I trust you to take care of my daughter."

The rest of the night was filled with good food, good company, and lots of laughter. And I felt like I was becoming part of the family. Ezra's mom even taught me how to make her signature dish. I was having such a great time that I didn't even realize how late it had gotten.

As the night drew to a close, Ezra's mom handed me a takeout container filled with her signature dish. "Here honey, take some home with you. It's even better reheated tomorrow."

I grinned, thanking her for the delicious meal and a night I would never forget. I hugged Ezra's mom goodbye and promised to come back soon.

I got in my car and drove home, feeling happy and content. But as soon as I walked through the door, though, I knew I was in trouble. Ezra was sitting on the couch with her arms crossed, a pout on her lips.

"Where did you get that?" She asked, eyeing the container. "Smells good."

I shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh, just a little dinner with your mom. No biggie."

Ezra's eyes widened in surprise. "What? When did you go? Why didn't you tell me?"

I couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction. "I didn't tell you because I knew you would make up excuses not to take me there. But, your mom invited me over, and I had to take her up on the offer. And, it was amazing. She's amazing."

Ezra sighed, knowing she couldn't argue with that. "I know, she's pretty great. Maybe now you can officially be my girlfriend and we can go over there together next time."

I rolled my eyes, grateful for the invitation nevertheless. "Sure, Ezra. Whatever you say."

"For real this time!" She insisted.

"Sureeee" I said, dragging out the word.

"Really Charlie! I'll take you with me next time."

"No need Ez, I can go alone. Mom said so." I replied with a smirk, waiting for Ezra's comical reaction.

"Without me?" She pouted, "I'm mom's favorite though"

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders at her, "not anymore." I walked towards the bedroom, "I've taken your place." I said, winking at her.

Ezra followed behind me and when we got inside the room, she sat on the bed while I removed my makeup on the vanity mirror.

Ezra scowled playfully, but I could see a hint of amusement in her eyes. "I can't believe you went to my mom's house without me. Did she like you? What did you guys talk about?"

"She was lovely, and we talked about everything under the sun. She even taught me how to make her signature dish."

Ezra's expression softened as she leaned back on her elbows. "I'm sorry I never took you before. I was scared it would seem too fast, but I'm glad you got to meet her."

I walked over to her and kissed her cheek. "No worries, my love. I had a great time, and I brought home the spoils of war."

Ezra laughed as we both got up and walked back to the kitchen to eat mom's lasagna, and I felt like I had earned some major points in Ezra's book. Plus, I couldn't wait to go back to mom's house again, with Ezra this time, of course.