Sunshine x Grumpy Trope

Synopsis: 4 times Charlotte was the Sunshine that brightens Engfa's day + The 1 time Engfa tried to brighten Charlotte's gloomy day.

——————————-|—————————-|——————————

1. The coffee shop was a blur of warm tones and the sweet scent of freshly ground beans. Rain tapped a steady rhythm against the windowpanes, creating a cozy ambiance. Engfa, with her signature messy bun and an oversized sweater, was nursing a latte, her eyes lost in the pages of her book.

Across from her, Charlotte was a burst of sunshine in a yellow sundress. She'd been bouncing in her seat for the past ten minutes, her gaze darting between the rain-streaked window and Engfa.

"You know, I've always wondered," Charlotte started, her voice bright, "what it would be like to dance in the rain."

Engfa lifted an eyebrow, a rare flicker of amusement in her usually stoic expression. "You'd probably catch pneumonia," she deadpanned.

Charlotte pouted dramatically. "You're no fun."

A comfortable silence settled between them. Engfa returned to her book, while Charlotte watched her with a soft smile. The rain outside seemed to grow louder, and a sudden urge to close the gap between them washed over Charlotte.

"Hug?" she blurted out.

Engfa looked up, surprised. "Clingy much?"

Without waiting for a response, Charlotte reached across the table and pulled Engfa into a tight hug. The warmth of Engfa's body was a comforting contrast to the chilly weather outside. Engfa stiffened at first, but then slowly relaxed, her arms finding their way around her girlfriend.

"You're weird," Engfa muttered, but her voice held a fondness that Charlotte couldn't help but grin at.

Charlotte pulled back, her eyes sparkling. "I know, right? But you love me anyway."

Engfa rolled her eyes, but the corner of her lips curved into a small smile. As she reached for her book again, she couldn't shake the feeling of contentment that filled her. Maybe the rain wasn't so bad after all.

...

2. The bookstore was a haven for Engfa. The quiet, the smell of old paper, and the endless rows of stories were her sanctuary. Today, however, it was being invaded by the sunshine that was Charlotte.

Charlotte was flitting between shelves, her laughter echoing through the quiet aisles. She'd dragged Engfa along, promising a "much-needed library date." Engfa, armed with a thick, academic tome, was attempting to ignore the cacophony.

"P'fa, look at this cover!" Charlotte exclaimed, waving a brightly colored romance novel. "It's so cute!"

Engfa groaned internally. "Char, please."

"Come on, you need a break from all those serious books. This is a chance to escape reality!" Charlotte insisted, shoving the book into Engfa's hands.

Engfa sighed, taking the book. "Fine. Just a few chapters."

Charlotte beamed. "Deal!"

As Engfa started reading, Charlotte settled beside her, her head resting on Engfa's shoulder. The weight of her head was surprisingly comforting, and the scent of her shampoo was oddly familiar and grounding.

"You know," Charlotte began, her voice soft, "you're really cute when you concentrate."

Engfa's face flushed a faint pink. "Shut up," she mumbled, trying to hide a smile.

Charlotte chuckled. "No, seriously. You look like a grumpy cat trying to understand a complex equation."

Engfa glared at her, but the corner of her lips betrayed her amusement. She returned to her book, feeling a strange warmth spreading through her. Maybe library dates with Charlotte weren't so bad after all.