Once Upon A Time

Synopsis: E & C as Emma Swan and Regina Mills from OUAT

—————————xx———————-xx————————

The crackling fire cast flickering shadows across the library, the only sound the rhythmic whisper of falling snow against the windowpanes. Engfa, curled in a plush armchair, book abandoned on her lap, stared into the flames, a wistful smile playing on her lips. Across the room, Charlotte, perched on the edge of a velvet sofa, pen poised over a parchment, glanced up, her brow furrowed in concern.

"Lost in another fairytale, Swan?" she teased, her voice laced with amusement.

Engfa chuckled, shaking her head. "Just thinking. About how this time last year, I was trapped in a mirror, you were the Evil Queen, and the only thing we had in common was a penchant for leather jackets."

Charlotte's lips softened. "And a shared stubbornness," she added, a playful glint in her eyes. "I wouldn't trade it for all the magic in the world."

Engfa's smile widened, genuine and warm. "Me neither. Though the magic isn't so bad either, especially when it comes with a certain mayor."

Charlotte's cheeks flushed a delicate pink. "Flattery will get you everywhere, Swan."

Engfa's eyes sparkled. "Then maybe I should use it more often." She rose, crossing the room in a few purposeful strides, and settled on the armrest of the sofa, close enough to brush against Charlotte's shoulder. The firelight danced in her eyes as she met Charlotte's gaze.

"You know," she began, her voice a husky whisper, "I used to think fairytales were all about damsels in distress and handsome princes. But then I met you, Charlotte. And I realized the real magic lies in the unexpected twists, the villains who become heroes, the broken hearts that mend."

Charlotte's breath hitched. She reached out, her fingers brushing the back of Engfa's hand, a silent invitation. Engfa, heart pounding, grasped it, the warmth of their skin a stark contrast to the winter chill outside.

"And what about the part where the brave princess falls for the powerful queen?" she asked, her voice barely a tremor.

Charlotte's eyes, once filled with ice, now shimmered with unshed tears. "That," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion, "is the fairytale I never dared to dream."

The silence that followed was pregnant with unspoken promises. Then, gently, Charlotte leaned in, her lips meeting Engfa's in a kiss that was both tender and fierce, a collision of fire and ice, of darkness and light. It was the kiss of a fairytale rewritten, of two souls finding their happily ever after in the most unexpected place - in the heart of a frozen winter, amidst the pages of a forgotten book, in the arms of a woman they once called enemy.

As the snow continued to fall, blanketing the world in a serene white, Engfa and Charlotte held each other close, the warmth of their love a beacon against the cold. For in this fairytale, the princess and the queen weren't just saving each other; they were rewriting their destinies, one stolen kiss at a time. And that, they knew, was the most magical adventure of all.