o n e

Maya's POV
This is it. Matthews and I have made it to college, a land filled with sorority girls whom last time I was here seemed like peppy middle-school cheerleaders. I also remember Josh. He got accepted into this particular university. I used to have the biggest crush on him. How stupid was that? I doubt I'll see him here. After all, this campus is kind of big. Riley and I went to check out our dorm. It was pretty much like a room you would see right in the border between Rileytown and Mayaville.

Maya: This could work out.

We got our things settled in, and we decided to walk around the campus. We passed many cliques. My suspicions were accurate. In college, you had to find your league. There were the jocks, the brains, the preps, and then there were Riley and me. It's okay. I'm always popular with my best friend.
We had our first class, history. Ahh, history. I remember Mr. Matthews. I'll be visiting him next week. I started to zone out when our teacher, Professor Watson, called my name.

Professor Watson: Miss Hart?
Maya: Present!
Professor Watson: Are you with us?

Everybody started to stare.

Maya: Yes.
Professor Watson: Okay then, let's continue.

This feels like middle school all over again.

It was finally lunch. I have to say that the food here is really good. As I started to bite my apple, I saw some guys checking Riley and me out.

Riley: Did you see that?
Maya: See what?

I pretended to not know what was going on.

Riley: Those cute boys were checking us out.
Maya: Yeah, and?
Riley: You usually like cute boys.
Maya: I know, and you usually like daydreaming of Lucas, but what are you doing now?
Riley: Lucas and I never had anything. You know he liked you, right?
Maya: Wow, I thought Ranger Rick was all gaga for you.
Riley: He had a crush on me in junior high, but in high school, the magic faded.
Maya: Figures.
Riley: Okay, Maya. It's been five minutes, and you still haven't said anything interesting about the eye candy next to us. Is something wrong?
Maya: I'm fine.

We both knew that I wasn't fine. I didn't even know what was wrong with myself either. We had two more classes, then Riley and I decided to get Starbucks. Riley got a Cotton Candy Frappuccino, and I got a Smore's Frappuccino. As we exited Starbucks, I saw somebody...somebody familiar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who do you guys think it is?

10 reads?