53. Feets Apart

"You're breaking in. This can't be legal." Yohan exclaimed, following Hyunjin.

"I'm–" He struggled with his identity card, "I'm not breaking in. I was accepted here." He moved his hands. "For now at least."

Yohan sighed, throwing his head back. "Why are you so full of mysteries? It's like you're an undercover spy with too many places to be at."

Hyunjin chuckled, feet not stopping to entertain his complaining cousin. "Surprise. I was accepted for an interview at Cornell. How cool is that?"

Yohan kicked at a stray pebble. "It's unfair. You are the same age as us, why aren't you in the class? Like the rest of us."

Hyunjin beamed at Yohan. "This flatters me. Keep on going."

They neared the administrative building. Hyunjin turned towards Yohan. "I will find out if I'll be in the class or not. For now, you-" He straightened Yohan's golf cap, "focus on studying. No helping people cheat."

"I have a business mind. It's called creativity."

"Do I look okay?" Hyunjin sighed, running a hand through his hair.

Hyunjin was in Yohan's black suit. It fit him as if it was tailored for him. The cascade of his hair fell in whims of wind. His cheeks were slightly pink from their walk all the way here. Yohan gave two thumbs ups. "The ladies in there are going to accept the moment you step in."

Hyunjin jokingly punched him. "I'll get going then."

"Yeah! Best of luck!" Yohan turned around, rushing towards the opposite direction. He had to be in class in fifteen.

____
Yeseul was typing the notes on her laptop with a fixed determination. When Yohan slid beside her, pushing a coffee her way, she finally looked away from the screen.

"How much did I miss?" Yohan whispered, pulling out his iPad.

"Enough to misunderstand one's feelings with psychopathic tendencies."

Yohan's face dropped. "Can I borrow your notes? I was with my cousin. He has an interview here."

"Sure." Yeseul sipped at the coffee. "Thank you for this."

Yohan grinned. "We're even now."

"Are you coming to the office?" Yeseul busied her hands again with the typing.

"Yeah. Let's go together."

Yeseul wanted to decline but something about the innocent happiness on this guy's face made her twist her words. She spit out a sure. For the rest of the class she ignored his whisperings until he sat with a small frown, before falling asleep on his device.

The two reached their professor's office. The lady in the corridor told them to wait for a few minutes before entering. Yeseul stood against the wall, opposite to the door. Yohan was pacing around.

The door was pushed open. Yeseul straightened up when Mister James exited. He pushed the door all the way, and what Yeseul saw was straight out of a dream.

Hyunjin stood five feet away from him. His eyes hadn't found hers yet. He smiled, shaking Mister James' hand. The conversation they were having dimmed out into a static. All Yeseul heard was her own heart.

"You both can come in now." Mister James disappeared into the room, leaving Yohan and her with him. Yohan patted his arm in clear familiarity. He also slipped in, leaving behind the two.

Hyunjin's eyes finally met hers.

And that smile on his face was let go of. Yeseul was frozen in the spot. The walls around blurred into nothingness.

"Yeseul." He stepped ahead. "Yeseul."