Foes to Friends

Ch 18

I was showing Carter how to brush the horses. He started to rush. I slapped his head. "You can't rush this," I said scolding him. "You have to go slow or the horse will be unhappy."

"How do you know some much?" He asked.

"I've been doing this since I was a kid," I answered sipping my coffee.

"Lynn, get your ass in gear," Rip said walking into the barn. I nodded. I got my horse ready to ride.

"How you do that so fast?" Carter asked.

"Again kid, been doing this since I was 5 or 6," I said walking out the barn. Rip told Lloyd to teach Carter how to saddle a horse and to stay behind. I saw Lloyd give a face of anger and annoyance.

We quickly moved the colts and mares to the pens. Rip gave us assignments. I was the only one who didn't have a partner to help break the horse. Lloyd wasn't given one. I can feel the tension in the air. "Get to work," Rip said

I quickly got my horse to calm down. I was able to mount it and ride it in the mater of minuets. "God damn, you're a damn horse whisper!" Teeter yelled. I smiled. I managed to break 5 horses. We broke for lunch.

I saw rip have word with Lloyd. Lloyd was getting more agitated. All because of a fucking barrel racer. He should know better.

"Those barrel racers have to go," I said to Rip after taking a bite of dinner.

"I agree but they haven't caused any issues," Rip said.

"That's bullshit and you know it."

"Yes I do know they have to go."

I had breakfast with my dad and Beth. Beth asked what the plan was for dad and I. I was just going to work on the horses. Dad was a big boy he can do what he wants.

I saw my dad pull up and saw a blonde chick come out of the passenger side. "Who the hell is she?" I asked riding up.

"Lynn this summer, Summer this is Lynn, my youngest daughter," my dad said.

"Hi nice to meet you," she said semi smiling.

"You threw a rock at my brother," I said. "You missed." I smirked.

"Lynn," my dad started. I got off my horse. "Don't."

"How long have you been riding that horse?" Summer asked.

"Well 10 years or so but I've been breaking horses since I was 10."

"So you enjoy animals being confined into a small space?"

"For the record, I helped a mare give birth. Also all of our cattle are free range." I rolled my eyes at her. "Dad if you plan to hire a hooker ask Beth to hire a good one." My dad rolled his eyes. I smirked.

The next morning I was waking up to the house. I saw Beth pulled up.

"Hey," I said, "coming for breakfast?" She nodded.

"Who the fuck are you?" I heard beth scream. I ran in and saw beth chasing Summer with a knife.

"I swear I didn't know he had a wife," summer screamed. Beth and I looked at each other and laughed.

"Calm down both of you!" Dad yelled. "Summer this is my oldest daughter Beth."
Dad explained why Summer was here. Summer left to go change. "Beth and Lynn why don't you two skip breakfast."

"Oh no daddy," I said, " I wouldn't want to miss this breakfast." I was trying to stifle my laughter.

I sat down in my seat next to beth. Summer was across from us. Gator brought in eggs over easy. "Is there anything to eat that used to have a heart beat last week?" Summer asked.