The aftermath

*mentions of sexual assault, if it triggers you skip to the end*

Ch 2

Lee is dead. I knew something was going to go wrong with something. My brother. My best friend. Lee got me out of a lot of trouble. Growing up. He taught me ride.

I was on the porch with Beth and Jamie. "I need you three now, more than ever." dad said pulling us into a hug. He kissed me and Beth on the cheek.

The next day I was out by the corral with Rip watching my dad try to break the horse kayce brought us. "Want me to give it a shot dad?" I asked sipping coffee.

"No Lynn. You're going to be with Rip today." My dad answered getting up. I saw him look over at Jimmy. Poor guy.

"Jimmy!" Rip yelled. I heard Rip tell Jimmy that he's going to be breaking in the stallion. I saw my dad and Rip duck tape the guy to the horse. "Remember don't let go of the this rope. Understand?" I saw Jimmy give a nervous nod. The horse began to buck him and it was quite the show.  My dad took off.
I followed.

"Dad," I said catching up to him. "I want to do more."

"You are Lynn."

"I want to do more. I know about the shit that goes on here."

"Fuck Lynn." My dad pinched the bridge of his nose.  "I promised your mom that I wouldn't get you involved."

"Lee died protecting the ranch. I have the brand dad. You can trust me."

"Fine, fine, fine. You'll be working a lot more with Rip learning the ways. No backing out now." I nodded. "Get back to Rip."

"Yes Daddy." I kissed his cheek and went back to rip. My mind flash back to when I received my brand.

Flash back, 8 years ago

I was in the barn feeding Butterscotch. It was Friday night. Most kids my age were out drinking and partying. Not me. I was a farm girl. I love being on the ranch. The animals, fresh air, and not to mention Him. I blushed at the thought of him.

I heard a loud crash outside. I poked my head seeing one of the farm hands stumbling. Drunk most likely. I rolled my eyes and went back to tending my horse. A good cowgirl always keeps her horse in good health. I said good night to Butterscotch and left for the house.

"There she is," a voice said. I turned and saw frank and Elton walking to me with a bottle. "Ain't she pretty Elton?"

"She sure is," Elton came up to me. "Why don't you come here and show us a good time?" Elton grabbed me pulling to me.

"Get off me of me-" I started to yell. Elton pulled a knife out and held it to my throat.

"Now now, we don't want to disturb the rest of boys now do we?" Elton said. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. "I'm sure your daddy doesn't want to see his daughter in an uncomfortable situation now do we?" I gulped. I nodded, too scared to speak. "Good girl." He pushed me against the barn wall and forced a kiss on me. "Mm they are much better young." I was disgusted. Something snapped and I kicked him in the gut and took off running. If I could make it to the house I would be safe.
"Dad dad dad lee! Lloyd! Help! Help!" I was screaming and crying

"You bitch!"

Elton tackled me to ground and held me down. "We were going to be nice but now we aren't. You screwed up little girl. Frank go get the rope." Frank cheered and left. Elton took his knife and cut open my shirt and bra. I was exposed. I was kicking and trying to fight my way out. If was going to die, I was going to go out on my own terms. I felt around by my sides for a rock, stick, anything at this point to fight back.