Episode 18

Her whole body trembled and her breaths were stuck inside her throat. She stared infront of her, into the darkness as tears threatened to fall from her eyes when she heard the familiar chuckle. Her throat was bone-dry and her heart was thundering so raucously, she could hear it in her ears.

"Dolly in the woods, dolly wants to hide.
But I won't spare dolly, if she runs all night."

A scream escaped her mouth when she heard him and her feet automatically moved away. She dared not look behind as she ran away, to save her life. She could hear him laugh from a distance as if he had heard the most hilarious joke. Tears streamed down her cheeks when she realised that she was in the middle of this vast forest, with him.

Her vision was blurred and her legs trembled with each step she took but she didn't dare to stop. After a while of running, she suddenly tripped on a stone and fell down with a loud thud. She pressed her palms against her mouth to prevent her cries when she glanced at her bleeding toe. She looked behind and didn't see a hint of his presence. Infact she didn't even see a single hint of a living creature. Not a blow of the cold wind could be felt. The whole forest turned still and her anxiousness arose more and more with each passing second.

Her toe ached so bad that she found it difficult to even stand up. But she couldn't sit here in the open like that. Its just not safe. She didn't see him anywhere and she felt more afraid. Could he be here? Hiding and waiting for her next move? All negative thoughts crossed her mind, making her shudder.

She roamed her eyes around her surrounding and she saw nothing but trees. But her eyes stopped on a certain structure. She slowly dragged herself a little to get a clear view and to her surprise, it was a cottage. An abandoned one. It looked almost too scary but she couldn't afford to stay here in the open and wait for him. She looked a little closer at the cottage and guessed that it was abandoned since a very long time. It sure wasn't safe to go inside but it wasn't safe to stay out here as well.

With deep breaths, she made her way inside the cottage. There was nothing but darkness. The only thing she could make out was a couch which was placed a little far from her. The moonlight was so faint that she could hardly see anything. Goosebumps rose on her body and she took deep breaths because her gut feeling told that it wasn't safe here. But where else could she possibly run?

The gut feeling was so strong that she had to go away from this cottage. She turned her feel to walk away when she heard slow, heavy footsteps not so far from here. Her eyes widened and she could think of nothing at that very moment. She quickly hid herself behind the couch and pressed both her palms against her mouth. There was a closed window right infront of her, and she could see the shadow of the tall trees through it.

Tears eventually rolled down her cheeks and she could hear her own heartbeat thundering in her ears when she saw the shadow of the familiar figure. The figure continued to walk and then it was no longer infront of the closed window. And she heard the footsteps again, this time loud and clear. As if he was inside the cottage, with her.

She closed her eyes tight, hoping for this to be a mere nightmare. But all her hopes vanished when she heard the familiar chuckle once again. Her mind became numb and her palms turned cold. Her heart was beating out of her chest when she realised this was real. All of this was real.

"Oh Y/n dear, you should quit running away from me. You know I'll find you even if you were in the deepest corner of this earth." He chuckled again and she could hear the footsteps approaching close. She hoped that he won't find her and go away from this cottage, away from her. She wished all of this was a dream and that she wakes up to a normal life. Where everything was fine.

She closed her eyes and the only thing she could hear was the rumble of her heart. She covered her ears and her eyes were closed shut. After a while, she noticed everything turned still. She could no longer hear his heavy footsteps not his heart clenching chuckle. Was she hallucinating his presence?

A slight hope arose within her and she looked around, not finding a single trace of him. But there was this uncanny feeling inside her and she still felt something was not right. And her instinctions were so right when she pressed her back against the couch and looked up

Only to see him smiling down at her.

To be continued
____________

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram! Link in bio ^^

Link in bio ^^

Stay tuned for the next part with another bone-chilling thrill

Have a good day~