Chapter Six

The cool air brushed against Kuroo's cheeks, unfazed as he slowed his stride down the bustling night streets on a mission. His head hung low, scanning the unfamiliar faces that passed with laughter, until he looked over at a darkened corner. A man in a long coat leaned against its brick wall, his hands deep in his pockets as he looked around at a group of beautiful girls, as if he was waiting for one of them to stray from the group. Kuroo's mind picked it up, and he stayed hidden from his view, silently observing his actions as he pulled a phone out and snapped a silent photo of the girl with the most chest revealed. His eyebrows furrowed together in disgust as he continued watching, until the same girl said goodbye to her friends and begun walking down the opposite, darkened sidewalk towards her own place.

The man followed her, straying a few feet back to not frighten his soon-to-be victim. Before he could reach her with his aggressively extended arm, Kuroo snagged the back of his coat, preventing him from moving any further. He spun around on his heels with a guilty face, the moon glistening over his face lightly as the girl turned down another sidewalk and was on her way. "Now, now, what's this? Another pervert on the loose?" Kuroo spoke in a teasing tone, his grip tightening for a moment. The man tried to break away but was nearly instantly thrown against the wall by a single hand around his throat. 

"Get away from me, man!" He shouted, attempting to pry Kuroo's hand away from his breathless throat, but Kuroo's grip only grew stronger. He leaned forward, the light from the moon trickling against his face to highlight his sharp jawline and devilish smirk.

"No way." His eyes flashed a crimson shade of red as he felt the piercing touch of his fangs dragging against his eager tongue. The man's mouth flung open to scream, but it was cut short once Kuroo tilted his head to the side and sunk his fangs into the neck of his victim. His fight back grew weaker after every ounce of blood he was losing, until his legs gave out on him. In a few moments later, the man dropped down to the ground as Kuroo let go, his fangs receding to their hidden state as his eyes returned to normal. He left with a soft chuckle, the man lifelessly resting on his side on the cold and dirty ground. 

With a groan, a hand flew to Akaashi's forehead as he stood up. Flashes of the night he left in the bar surged through his shaken mind, his legs nearly giving out on him as he walked to the bathroom. He looked in the mirror, nearly horrified of how tired he appeared- nothing a hot shower couldn't fix. Akaashi was never one to drink, especially that much, but the reoccurring thoughts of Kuroo wouldn't stop haunting his mind.

Akaashi tossed the dampened towel onto his bed once he finished drying his wet hair off and he headed for the kitchen. He was brought to a halt when he noticed the bottle of water, the container of medicine, and a note signed with a smiley face resting on the island countertop. A small smile was brought to his face as he reached for it, his eyes scanning over it.

Keiji,

I hope your hangover isn't too painful, 

but if it is, I set out some medicine for ya! 

Talk to you tomorrow, "Keiji". :)

-Kuroo

Akaashi paused at the dual usage of his first name, his heart immediately feeling as if it was breaking down into tiny bits. He turned to stick it to his fridge next to a magnet he got when he visited out of the country the summer he graduated high school. His eyes lingered on it before they switched to the clock on his Alexa, his heart stopping when he realized he only had ten minutes to get to class. He darted for the bedroom to pull together a half-assed outfit, then he rushed out the front door a minute later.