Chapter Twenty

With squinted eyes, Akaashi turned the bathroom light on with a short-lived groan. He managed to get his bottom half dressed, but figured it was useless to find his shirt. His eyes became wide as soon as they locked with his reflection in the mirror. Akaashi leaned forward, his jaw partially dropping as he ran a finger over the two decent-sized cuts on his shoulder. The skin around the protruding red lines was bruised a luscious purple. The cuts were incomparable with the scratches that were still on his chest. Akaashi narrowed his eyes as he left the bathroom, briskly walking to the living room's couch where Kuroo sat with a book in his hands. His eyes raised to meet Akaashi's but they were immediately drawn to his shoulder. He leaned forward to get a better look before he realized they were pretty deep.

"Oh shit, does it hurt?" Kuroo stood up, Akaashi crossing his arms as he looked at his lover's worried face.

"When I move my arm, yes- but holy shit, Tetsuro! I didn't think you scratched me that bad!" Akaashi exclaimed, causing a bit-back laugh taking over Kuroo as he quickly brought a hand to his mouth to suppress it, "This isn't funny, I'm going to kill you." Akaashi shot Kuroo a death glare.

"I'm genuinely sorry, I didn't think it was that bad, either. Come here, baby," Kuroo pulled Akaashi gently by the waist, him uncrossing his arms as Kuroo leaned down and placed soft little kisses along the deep scratches from his fangs, "I won't do it anymore, I promise." After allowing Kuroo to do a few more kisses, Akaashi grabbed his face and held it in front of his own.

"At least warn me next time you want to cut me," They both shared a laugh and once it died down, Kuroo wrapped his arms around Akaashi's torso and held him tight as their lips met for a long awaited moment, "Oh, also, tomorrow is Sunday, so make sure to meet me at the train station at four." Kuroo nodded, releasing Akaashi as he gave him one more kiss.

"There's a first aid kid underneath the sink in the bathroom, there should be Neosporin or something in there," Akaashi nodded, trotting to the bathroom in search of the first aid kit. When Akaashi rose from his position with the kit in hand, he gasped lightly at the sudden sight of Kuroo behind him, "Did you find it?"

"You really need to stop sneaking up on me like that." Kuroo chuckled, Akaashi setting the kit onto the counter as he snaked his arms around his boyfriends' hips. He placed his chin lightly on his bare, uninjured shoulder as he watched Akaashi miraculously take the small tube out.

"It's funny scaring you, besides.." He held him tighter against his chest, a smirk prickling at the corner of his mouth as Kuroo turned his head to whisper into Akaashi's ear, "I like seeing you like that." The sudden change in Kuroo's voice sent a slight chill down his spine, his eyes glancing over at Kuroo who was starting to pec little kisses along his cheek.

"You're too much." Akaashi joked, shaking his head as Kuroo rested his against his skin. He took the ointment and poured some onto his fingers, wincing as they made contact with the cuts. Akaashi clenched his jaw as he slowly rubbed it across the lines, silently cursing in his mind.

"Hey, hey! What are we all doing in here?" Bokuto shouted from the hallway, now standing in the doorway, as he earned a quick shush from Kuroo. The skin that was visible was dappled with beads of sweat and his hair was partially wet.

"Kenma's still asleep, and Keiji's focusing." Bokuto apologized with his gaze, his head tilting as he tried to get a better look at what Akaashi was doing.

"Focusing on what?" Akaashi removed his sticky hand, Kuroo pulling away as Akaashi turned to face him. Bokuto audibly gasped, his eyes soaring over the cuts and insatiable bruises, "Holy shit- Tetsu!" Kuroo bit back a laugh, Akaashi returning to his position as Kuroo wrapped his arms around him again.