Chapter Twenty-Three

"What are you talking about?" Akaashi quickly looked up at Kuroo, cursing himself silently. Kuroo looked down at Akaashi's covered thigh before back up at him.

"Are you bleeding?" Kuroo stood up, taking a step back as he brought a hand over his nose and mouth. Akaashi suddenly, and for the first time, felt fear crash over him like a record-breaking wave. He was at a loss for words, unable to defend himself in this situation; Kuroo could smell blood a mile away. Akaashi gasped at the sudden feeling of a hand grabbing his own, pulling him quickly towards the bedroom. Kenma pulled him into the bathroom, closing the door.

"I know what you did, I saw the knife when I checked on you earlier," Akaashi held his head down, his fingers methodically fiddling in front of him, "Can I?" Kenma gestured to his thigh, which earned a slow nod from his lover. He hesitantly dropped his pants, revealing the bandage tightly wrapped around his right thigh. Akaashi sat up on the counter as Kenma came closer. He knelt down and reached into the cabinet, gathering new bandages due to the ones being bled through already.

Silence overshadowed the two, the air instantly becoming thick as Kenma observed the cuts along his skin. He was quick, but worked with perfection- it was as if he'd been doing this for years. Once he was done, he looked up at Akaashi, who refused to look at him.

"Keiji Akaashi," He looked at him, exhaustion clear as day reflecting in his eyes, "It's okay." It took everything in Akaashi to hold himself together, not allowing himself to feel the emotions this time. Hushed 'I'm sorry''s were all he could express in return until he was pulled into a warm and gentle hug. It wasn't tight at all, but it was just enough to provide him comfort and also give him room to breathe. There was a soft knock on the door, and with a questionable glare from Kenma, Akaashi nodded for him to open it. Bokuto's face was worried when he poked his head in, his eyes struggling not to fall on the bandages covering the majority of Akaashi's leg.

"Hey, how are you doing?" His voice was softer than it usually was, which melted Akaashi's heart. He loved when Bokuto was his loud and usual self, but seeing him worry this much for him assured him he cared.

"I'm fine," There was an adequate pause before he spoke again, "I don't know what's wrong with me, everything is so.." he trailed off, unable to find the correct word to even start describing his feelings.

"There's nothing wrong with you, a lot happened recently and it's all catching up to you at once," Bokuto assured, which gave Kenma permission to take his leave, "You're special if you can sneak up on Tetsu without him even knowing." Akaashi forced a small smile, keeping his head down.

"I hate feeling everything at once- with finding out about me and my parents, 'Samu, and that attack- it's all too much.. I feel like I'm suffocating," Bokuto closed the door, leaning against the wall as he crossed his arms and listened, "Kotarou, can I talk to you about this stuff?"

His expression softened, "You can talk to me about anything, baby. Hey, I may be too much sometimes, but I still can help you!" He smiled, and that damned smile made Akaashi smile in return before it faded.

"This shit isn't new to me- this," he gestured to his thigh, "And panic attacks, and just being paranoid. You can ask 'Samu, he's saved me more times than I can count. I think, in my right mind, majority of my anxiety is from the attack the other night. I killed two people who tried kidnapping me- and that was the first time I've ever tried.. you know, changing. It was pure accident, and on top of that, my plans of telling Tetsuro and Kenma were crushed and Kenma nearly got hurt during it all." He fell silent, biting his lip as he pondered for more to say.

"It's all coming after me at once, and I don't know how to take it. Kenma says I should talk to my therapist again, but I don't think I even can without changing the story. Even then, I feel like I can't fully explain what's happening- no one can even relate to me to provide advice." Bokuto nodded, awaiting more but receiving nothing.