A Crushing Duel

"I think this is the Obelisk Girls Dorm..." Syrus muttered while wandering around the Ra Yellow Girls Dorm, "Who's there?" Lisetta asked while sending her classmates to their dorms and donning her duel disk, "It's me, Syrus! I came here for you!" She glared at him, "I've never met you before in my life, jerk. Now duel me unless you want me to report you and get expelled!!" Syrus was scared as he saw Lisette in her modified but accepted Ra Yellow Uniform,

"Hey!! Leave him alone, Lisetta!!" Jaden stopped her from challenging Syrus while taking out his own duel disk, "I'll take you on again, Muto!!!" He shouted as she smirked, "Like you can at all, Jaden!"

"Duel!" Both of them shouted as she summoned Yellow Luster Dragon, a variant of her trusted Luster Dragon card with balanced attack and defense, setting down Call of Darkness and Tyrant's Tantrum. "Your turn, Jaden." She told him while looking at the cards in her hand, "I fusion summon Flame Wingman!" He shouted as she activated a trap card from her hand, "I activate the trap card Disturbance Strategy!" Shuffling his hand back into his deck, he grumbled while summoning Elemental Hero Sparkman in attack position, "My turn!" She shouted while drawing and activating her trap card, "I activate Tyrant's Tantrum!" She sent two Kidmodo Dragons to the grave yard from her hand which activated their effects, "I summon Red Luster Dragon, Twin Headed Ice Dragon, and Ice Sinfield!" The two dragons and draconoid monster swordsman appeared on the field, "Now I activate Polymerization! Go, come forth, Dragon Champion of the Ice!!" Red and Yellow dragons stayed on the field as Sinfield fused with Twin Headed Ice Dragon, bringing forth the fusion monster Dragon Champion of the Ice, which had five thousand for attack and defense.

"I place two more cards face down and end my turn!" Facing against Lisetta, Jaden was unaware of her title as Freshman Queen of the Ra Yellow Girls dorm, making her responsible for incidents like the one Crowler caused them. Jaden grit his teeth while drawing his card, confidently shouting, "I draw!" 

=================================================

Jaden managed to summon his second strongest monster, which had twenty thousand attack points, being that he swapped attack and defense with a spell card by sacrificing Skyscraper. "Go, Elemental Hero Clayman!!" He shouted and tried to attack my Dragon Champion, "Not so fast, Mirror Force go!!" Playing the card from my hand, he grimaced as his life points dropped from four to twenty one hundred, having been unable to gain an advantage despite the fact I could battle due to the effects of my previous plays in my turns. "Go, Dragon Champion of Ice!! Attack his life points directly!!" Jaden shouted as his life points hit zero, but I helped him up after the battle, "I'm not going to tell anyone, Jaden." He was touched while teasing Syrus who blushed about the misunderstanding, "Just make sure both of you don't fall for an obvious lie again. I have to go get some sleep because of our upcoming exams." I waved behind me while walking off, "Night, dorks."

[Day of the Exam]

"Lisetta Iblis Muto. Step forward for your duel portion." I had my duel disk ready as I walked forward to be the first for my dorm, "Duel." We both spoke as I summoned all three of my Luster Dragons, "Go Polymerization!!!" I shouted while fusing them into the mighty Luster Champion, "Go, Attack his Jade Sakura Warrior!!" Destroying it with ease, I accomplished the mission he gave me as part of my exam and passed with exemplary marks, "Good job, Muto. You may go now, the results will be out in a few days." Walking away I had gone to the shoreline where I was watching the waves, having received letters from my uncle Kaiba who bought and started the Academy, "He does realize he could visit me every once in a while with Mokuba instead of sending letters?" 

I heard someone next to me, "Who could visit you more often?" Jaden was smiling as I told him, "You know that my dad is Yugi Muto right?" He nodded while listening as my legs hugged closer to my body, "His rival and the owner of this academy, Seto Kaiba is my honorary uncle. He sends me letters on behalf of my dad, to make sure I'm okay. Though I'd prefer it more if he were to visit every once in a while." Shaking my head, Jaden looked at me, "Forget I said anything, I should head back to my dorm. Thanks for listening, Jaden." I was about to walk away until he grabbed my arm which made my face turn a little pink, "I'm here whenever you need someone to talk to, okay?" He gave his usual cheeky grin, "I'll also help with a duel if you ever game again!" A small smile crept on my face, "Thanks, Jaden." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few Days Later

=================================================

"Let's Duel!!" I shouted as Lisetta helped me in a tag duel against Titan, "I draw!" She shouted and summoned her three dragons, "Now go, attack his life points directly!" Her dragons swarmed him as she fused them on her next turn, following my decision to throw Avian at his fake Millennium Puzzle that he called a Millennium Pendant. "Gaaaaahhhhh!!" He shouted as his life points hit zero, following our duel which actually entered the shadow realm, Liz's Luster Champion finishing him off. "Serves you right for trying to trick us!!" She scolded as we got Alexis out from her fake coffin that Titan put her in, "You good?" My friend shook her gently awake and Alexis nodded at the ace of Ra Yellow, "Good. I was worried sick." Liz turned to me while smiling, "Thanks for the help, Jaden. I'll take you up on that offer to duel, as soon, as you pay me back for making us miss welcoming dinner night for our dorms." She knew how to push my buttons but that was what drew me to her, "See you later, dorks!" She ran off in the direction of the Ra dorm while smiling, but she was far more interesting than I first thought, and every second spent with her made me want more.

=================================================

To be continued....

=================================================