Chapter 13 - Laera and Liam

Laera

I knew where I was supposed to be. At least I thought I knew where I was going once, I'd figured out that I was in the UK and headed towards some location that Liam determined for me inside of downtown London.

But then, the driver stopped the car just outside of an area that resembled a marketplace and hopped out from behind the wheel.

At first, I figured that I could stall in some way and try to escape from the driver and disappear into the crowded streets. But no sooner had the thought crossed my mind than he was at the rear passenger door holding it open with a hand on my arm to assist me in exiting the vehicle.

He didn't pull or force me out in a way that was uncomfortable or that would've raised any more red flags than were already raised. He was just insistent so that it was clear that there was no other option than to let him move me.

I only had to walk a short distance to a black Mercedes Sprinter van that had at some point pulled up directly behind the Range Rover I'd been riding in.

"Why do we need to change cars?" I asked in as calm a voice as I could manage.

But the driver still hadn't said a single word to me to this point and he didn't respond.

I accepted his help up into the van and before I could turn around, he had firmly closed the door behind me without entering the van himself.

My mind concluded that he must be the driver of this vehicle, but when I saw a woman occupy the driver's seat instead, my composure began to dissipate.

I couldn't quite make out the exact features of the person because she was wearing extremely large-framed sunglasses, and the brim of her baseball cap was pulled down almost all the way to her eyebrows hiding any real features other than the straightened pepper-black and white ponytail bound in a loose bun just outside the cap's strap at the back.

"Excuse me, but where did the other driver go?"

Still nothing.

I was contemplating to myself whether I might be able to take the driver, but my current state of being wouldn't allow me to take any unnecessary risks.

So, I held on to the strap of my belt buckle to push it lower underneath my belly for comfort.

After around twenty minutes or so, I felt the familiar pressure against my bladder that told me it wouldn't be long before I needed to go to the bathroom again.

I'd purposely avoided drinking anything during landing to squeeze out as much time as possible since I had no idea what my destination would be after deplaning.

I should just pee myself.

Just go ahead and mess up this nice Italian leather. I'm sure a urine stain would complement the interior of this luxurious vehicle nicely.

But I didn't relish walking around in urine-soaked clothing.Especially not in an outfit that was still a little snug as I hadn't really had the chance to buy much maternity wear yet.

I was just about to open my mouth to inform the driver that we'd need to make a stop soon then we began turning onto a dirt driveway that led up to a wall made of rocks.

Not able to see an opening, I was surprised when we slipped through a gated entrance on our way up a hill that was quite steep.

The Sprinter had no difficulty with the ascension though and we continued to climb.

It was mildly bumpy, but it was the jostling against my already too-full bladder that caused the most discomfort.

I might end up peeing on this chair after all.