Chapter 8

Carter's POV

My wolf howled with sadness. He was mad at me for betraying our mate. I can't believe I made that stupid decision.

••••••••••••••Flashback••••••••••••••••••

"I'm going to go with some friends." I told Lucy as I kissed my cheek. I went into the crowd and I found Jake with some other guys of the pack.

"Hey Carter do you want some vodka" asked Jake as he handed me a bottle.

"Sure." I said as I accepted. It was a party after all. I don't know what happened but I forgot about Lucy. I forgot I ever had a mate. All I remembered was that I loved my ex girlfriend Sarah. I found Sarah and I took her into a room. I was kissing her as she laid down on the bed. Then I heard a beautiful voice yell my name.

"Carter?!" It was Lucy's voice. I dropped Sarah.

"Lucy I'm so sorry. Let me explain." I said but my mate shook her head. I saw tears in her eyes as she walked out of the room. When Lucy left Sarah tried to kiss me again.

"Get out!" I said using my alpha voice. She obeyed and left the room.

••••••••••••••End of Flashback••••••••••

Lucy's POV

I can't believe Carter cheated on me. When I left the room I was crying and I went downstairs. There I found Rose and Violet. I started to cry.

"Lucy what's wrong?" asked Rose. I explained everything to her. Violet was furious.

"I'm going to go knock some sense into my stupid brother." she said.

"No Violet it's fine."

"Okay but that doesn't mean he's not gonna get it." she said.

"Guys I don't want to stay. Can I sleep at your house?" I asked.

"Sure." They both said. Violet and Rose took me to their car. Once we were all inside, Rose drove us to their house.

When we arrived I saw that it was a mansion. Is everybody in this pack rich?! The gate was black just like the other house. When we entered the house it was very elegent. They even had a chandelier! The mansion was two stories. Rose and Violet took me on a tour of the house. They had a pool, a large backyard, and a huge kitchen. Then we went to the second floor. They led me to a room.

"And this is your room!" Rose said as she opened a door. The room was huge, it had a king sized bed, a flat screen tv and a balcony.

"Do you have any clothes I could borrow?" I asked.

"Yeah hang on." Violet said as she left the room. When she came back she had a black tanktop with blue sweatpants.

"Thanks. Tomorrow I'll go get my clothes from the pack house."

"No it's okay tomorrow I'll go and get all your stuff for you ." Rose said.

"Thanks." I said. Then Rose and Violet left the room. I went into the bathroom to change. Then I got into bed and I fell into a blissful sleep.

************************************

Carter's POV

I made a huge mistake. I was so stupid! After what happened with Lucy, I drove home. When I got to the pack house, I decided to go to bed because I had a hangover. The whole entire night, my wolf would not stop howling sadly.