Chapter 29

Lucy's POV

I looked at the mirror.

"Lucy you look beautiful!" Rose and Violet said in unison. I had my hair curled and my eyes popped out at me due to mascara. I stood up and my white dress cascaded down to the floor. I let a tear escape. My mother would've loved to see me in this dress. My brothers were supposed to be here at the end of the aisle with all of the other guys. My sister was supposed to help me with my make up. My father was supposed to lead me down the aisle. I wanted to break down in tears. Knowing that they couldn't be here broke my heart. But my family wouldn't want me to be sad on my wedding day. I quickly wiped the tear away before Rose or Violet could notice but I was a second to late.

"Why are you crying?" Rose asked.

"I thought of my family and how they would love to be here." I said as another tear escaped. Violet hugged me.

"They would be proud of you. Now wipe away those tears before we're all crying." I laughed. I wiped away my tears and Rose re-did my make up. I let out a shaky breath. Today's the day that Carter and I will become 1. In the werewolf world it's common to get married at age 16 and 17, mostly because that's when you meet your mate. Violet handed me my rose bouquet and I waited for the time to go down the aisle. Jake came and stood next to me. He intwined our arms and we waited. I chose Jake because 1)he's the beta and 2) because he reminds me of my brothers.

"Are you nervous?" He asked.

"Kinda."

"That's natural. Just remember that he will always love you. Carter is loyal. I know because I'm his best friend." He said.

"Thanks."

"No problem." I heard the music starting and my heart started beating rapidly. The doors opened and everybody looked at me. I smiled and Jake and I walked up the aisle. The only person I saw was Carter. He looked handsome in his suit and tie. Jake let me go and I stood next to Carter. The priest began talking and I tried my best to pay attention. It was time to say the words that I have always wanted to say.

"Carter, do you accept Lucy and your mate and wife?" The priest said.

"I do."

"Lucy, do you accept Carter as your husband and mate?"

"I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride." Carter and I both leaned in and kisse eachother. The only difference from this kiss is that it made us one wolf, one person.