𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐐𝐔𝐄.

1994;

As the four-hundredth and twenty-second Quidditch World Cup continued to ignite the crowd with thunderous cheers and screams, Viola, showed little interest in the athletic endeavor. Rather, she offered a detached and seemingly apathetic observation of the event, noting the crowd's excitement but choosing not to partake in it herself. 

"Do try to look interested, Cherè," ordered Victorie, her expression still calm and detached despite the situation. "Cornilius Fudge himself sent us an invitation."

"I'm aware, Grand-merè," Viola replied, sighing to appease Victorie. "But why should I appear interested?" Despite her usual confidence and demeanor, Viola still showed no interest. "It isn't like we owe the man anything, our presence should be enough for him," she continued before Victorie raised her brow at the girl with a smirk.

Victorie and Viola continued walking through the bustling crowd when they suddenly heard the voice of Lucius Malfoy nearby, addressing someone else with his usual smug and condescending tone.

"Do enjoy yourself, won't you? Whilst you can..." He said to the unknown acquaintances.

"I have to agree with that sentiment, Mr. Malfoy," declared Victorie, drawing closer.

Viola could see the looks on the faces of the Weasley and Potter clans, who stood a little higher up on the stairs, as Victorie approached Lucius, who had Draco on his side.

"Ah, how nice of you to join us, Mrs Rosier," hissed Lucius Malfoy, his voice dripping with contempt. As he looked at the Weasley's and Potter standing above, his eyes narrowed in disdain before he continued. "I was just talking to the more... unfortunate."

Lucius turned back to Victorie and offered an amused smile, his eyes lingering briefly on the subtle curve of her painted lips. The Weasley's expression still carrying hints of scorn at Lucius' smugness and insensitivity. Nevertheless, they made no attempt to respond, instead choosing to move on along the stairs.

However, Potter glanced back at Viola, he intently looked to the dark, fitted dress that matched the girl's dark hair. The dress featured a delicate jewel-lined neckline, adding a touch of elegance to Viola's already captivating look.

Viola noticed her eyes on him, the girl's sharp gaze cutting through him before he averted his attention. The interaction didn't go unnoticed by Draco.

"Oh yes," Victorie replied unperturbed, "I wouldn't want to miss the match, Mr. Malfoy," she continued with her typical air of casual disinterest. "As I also don't wish to delay any plans you have planned after said match."

Lucius's expression faltered, likely caught off-guard by Victorie's response. As he realized he was unable to take control of the situation, he quickly returned to his usual tactics, plastering a fake smile on his face while offering a condescending laugh.

Meanwhile, Viola and Draco finally shared a brief glance. After a moment, the four of them eventually departed from the crowded arena, leaving the scene behind and exiting into the stadium.

As Viola watched from her box seat, the loud cheers of the crowd pierced her ears, their voices rising with each successive goal scored by the Irish team, ultimately, leading them to victory.

Although the crowd continued to celebrate the outcome of the match, Viola couldn't help but wonder if it would be short lived. As she had heard, a group of Death Eaters had broken out into a violent riot later in the night, destroying and wreaking havoc within the campsite.

"That's very well, yes." Victorie spoke quietly to some unknown person, that Viola didn't recognize.

Victorie then took a seat next to Viola, comfortably settling into a leather sofa as the dimly lit room grew silent. Except for the occasional passerby who came to offer a comment or two before quickly departing.

Victorie and Viola were alone, their presence punctuated by the intermittent crackle of a fire and the occasional soft creak of old oak floorboards.

"Cherè," said Victorie as she took a sip of her wine, "You're aware of what happened today, yes?"

"Well," Viola replied, raising an eyebrow. "It's hard to gather much information when all I've heard today are whispers, although I can only guess with the picture I've made up in my mind."

Victorie rolled her eyes at Viola's tone, saying, "Don't speak to me in that way. You're not naive, Viola, so I won't try to keep this from you despite my hesitation."

Viola shrugged, in a bored tone as she replied, "You and I both know that if you do, I'll just find out myself anyway."

Victorie set her glass on a ornate marble table,  as Viola's eyes darted towards the ink on her inner forearms. But, Viola quickly looked away and diverted her eyes to another spot in the dimly lit room.

Viola then proceeded to choose a pastry from the table in front of her, which was filled with numerous varieties, ranging from croquembouche to gougères. Along with the various pastries, the table also held various types of wines and teas.

Before Viola had finished picking out her pastry of choice, Victorie quickly intervened, asking; "Sugary treats this late at night? Instead, try the yaourt, it's a much simpler option. You look perfect as is, Viola, you wouldn't want to spoil it now, would you?"

Upon hearing Victorie's comment with regards to her eating, Viola paused in irritation, poking the inner side of her cheek with her tongue as she dropped the pastry in her hand, opting for no food instead.

"I thought the smoking might have killed your appetite, chérie," Victorie remarked with a satisfied smile as she sipped her wine, her attention set to Viola. "Yes yes, I can see a difference in you, as expected. And I expect to see even more in the near future. And, darling, you've looked magnifique from the start; however, we must always strive for le mieux, yes? It's important to maintain certain appearances, after all."

Viola remained silent, her eyes conveying a look of emptiness and nothingness. Her expression was blank and detached.

-
Thank u 4reading <3

-Angie.

Word count: 1001