𝐋𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐗 𝐃𝐔 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄.

1994;

Rita Skeeter casually perused the classroom, her keen eyes roaming about as she waited for Viola's arrival. As she sat atop one of the bench chairs, her hands were busy - one finger twisting her hair while the other held a notebook propped up against her knee.

Despite her relaxed demeanor, her eagerness was evident as she anticipated Viola's entrance and the opportunity to engage in her favorite pastime - grilling students about their innermost thoughts and secrets.

Skeeter's eyes widened as Viola entered the room, a gleeful grin spreading across her face.

"Ah! Viola Black! What a delight it is to finally meet you." Her voice was filled with self-importance and enthusiasm as she continued, "Never did I expect to encounter the one and only Viola Black."

It was abundantly clear to Viola that Skeeter was waiting for her entrance. Viola was well aware of the infamous reporter's intentions - it did not take a sharp intellect to understand that.

Skeeter rose from her seat, her eyes locked on Viola as if she were inspecting a rare gemstone. With a knowing smile, she extended her hand toward Viola, who reluctantly shook it, her irritation visible.

Skeeter took Viola's hand in her own, as she uttered, "My, my, my... it's true what they say. You are gorgeous - even more than the pictures. But what lies beneath those eyes? What dark, mysterious tales do they hold?"

"Nothing worth your time, just like your questions." Viola's voice was dripping with sarcasm as she responded to Skeeter's overly-flattering words.

Viola understood - this was merely a pretext to gather information for a story. She also knew that Skeeter wouldn't leave her alone until she got what she wanted.

Skeeter's gaze held Viola's as her Quick-Quotes Quill scribbled away, the note-pad hovering in the air in front of her. "Witty and beautiful," she hissed, "A dangerous combination, wouldn't you agree?"

Before Viola has a chance to answer, Skeeter continues, "Now, Viola. With looks like yours, I'd imagine you have a boyfriend. Although, I'm sure he'd be all too eager to get close to the legendary Rosier and Black families. After all, being in relationships like that gives a certain amount of prestige, not to mention all the luxury you could ever hope for. Quite an exciting life to live... don't you think?"

Viola remained silent, simply rolling her eyes at the reporter as she crossed her arms in annoyance.

"Ah, so you're the silent one, eh?" In Skeeter's voice, there was a hint of playful teasing with more than a touch of sarcasm. "Everyone adores a girl like you, Viola. Mysterious, intriguing... You  may think you've got your secrets all locked away, What a thrill it is to unravel the web of lies and half-truths that surround you--"

"--but I've got a hunch that you may be surprised at how much I already know about you. A clever girl like you wouldn't let any old gossip or rumor slip by, right? C'mon speak up."

Too long had Viola held her tongue, and now she knew she could not hold it in any longer. The words were bursting within her.

"I am clever, indeed," Viola responded with a smirk, "But you seem to have every word at your disposal, I've come to find those who speak with thoughtfulness and consideration communicate far more effectively than those who simply fill the air with many meaningless words--"