𝐃É𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐒 𝐃𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐄 𝐍𝐎Ë𝐋.

1994;

The Yule Ball was quite literally the embodiment of a magical and dreamlike fairy tale. Amidst the crisp night air, the scent of peppermint was ever-present, creating the perfect ambiance for an evening of enchantment. While the air was cold, it was not uncomfortably so, but rather filled with an alluring ambiance that set the tone for the night's festivities

As Viola made her way down the hallway, her waist was unexpectedly embraced from behind and she was taken aback by the sudden sensation. With a swift gasp, she realized that her encounter was none other than Adrian Pucey, and he had initiated this contact.

Viola, with a firm resolve, said, "Do not do that," Before promptly brushing his hand away.

"Oh, do forgive me, but I have to say" exclaimed Adrian as he strolling past her in his attire. "You look positively ravishing."

"Ravishing?" Viola nearly snorted as she heard the word. "God, what are you? Some sort of ancient great-aunt? I don't think even my grandmother would use such a dreary term."

She glanced back at Adrian with a hint of derision in her expression, but he didn't seem to mind at all, merely continuing to stride forward with a confident grin. It was clear that he enjoyed being the center of attention, especially when it came to wooing ladies.

"Oh really, is that so?" Adrian asked, his usual confident smirk firmly in place. "Well, the way I see it, 'ravishing' is a woefully inadequate descriptor given what you truly are. And to be entirely honest, I could have a much better appreciation of your beauty in a more, personal setting."

"In your dreams." Viola retorted, her voice sharp and cold as ever.

"those fanciful musings and daydreams are the very fabric of the weak-minded" Adrian retorted with an overly confident smirk.

"As opposed to you being strong-minded?" Viola retorted, offering an unamused expression as she continued to stroll towards her designated destination. "And you should be warned that I harbour no intentions of engaging in such nonsense with someone as utterly deluded and ignorant as yourself."

Adrian merely smirked in response, confident that he would prove Viola wrong. And not in a conventional fashion that would have many people swooning for him. No, this was the subtle and slightly unsettling variety of smugness that would have anyone backing away slowly, uncomfortable and unsure of what he was really thinking.

"Very well," was all that Adrian said in response, extending his hand towards Viola.

Viola's eyes briefly glanced at Adrian's hand before she made her way around it, ignoring the gesture entirely. A cool and collected expression on her face as she proceeded towards the grand staircase, confident and decisive in her actions.

As Viola descended the grand staircase, she could see the gazes turning in her direction. Her friends were gathered, all decked out in the finest dresses and suits they could find.

From the corner of her eye, Viola spotted Theo, Theodore Nott, looking at her. She usually had no problem seeing right through a person, their longing or their desires. But this time, it was different. His eyes were filled with so many emotions that she couldn't even begin to decipher what he was feeling. Whatever it was, she couldn't quite read his gaze, leaving her feeling utterly confused, wondering what could have caused such a shift in Theo's demeanor.