𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐈𝐓𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒.

1994;

The following day unfolded in its usual fashion, much like any other. It commenced with a tranquil morning accompanied by a crisp, wintry breeze. Despite not having any classes, Viola awoke early, thanks to the timely intervention of Dumbledore.

The mention of Dumbledore definitely had Viola's mind racing, stirring up a whirlwind of thoughts and imagination. She couldn't simply brush off the letter as a mere coincidence. She knew there was something more to it. It ignited a spark within her that she couldn't ignore.

However, she made a conscious decision to ignore it, at least for the time being.

"Where did you disappear to yesterday?" inquired Lorenzo, his voice echoing through the arches of The Viaduct as he strolled alongside Viola.

"I could ask you the same question," replied Viola, her hands finding solace in the warmth of her pockets.

"Touché," Lorenzo mused, a hint of intrigue lacing his words.

The air around them seemed to thicken, as if their conversation had unlocked a hidden realm of secrets and mysteries.

Viola let out a sigh, her breath visible in the crisp air. "Dumbledore. He summoned me to his office," she confessed, her voice carrying a mix of weariness and curiosity.

"What?" Lorenzo's face contorted with confusion. "What did he want from you?" he pressed, his curiosity piqued.

"The usual," Viola replied with a nonchalant shrug, not eager to divulge any further details. It seemed she wasn't up for a tell-all or sharing her observations just yet.

"An innocent conversation," Lorenzo wondered, his head tilting slightly to the side.

Viola managed to crack a small grin at his naivety. "An innocent conversation? You're even more ingenuous than I thought," she teased. "Nothing is ever as simple as that, especially not for people like us."

"People like us..." Lorenzo mumbled, his voice trailing off.

"People of our kind" Viola clarified, her tone veiled with mystery. "I refer to those immersed in certain...circles. Conversations can hold concealed depths. It's something you'll need to get accustomed to."

Lorenzo's silence spoke volumes, his gaze sweeping the surroundings as they strolled. The tempestuous whirlwind of thoughts within his mind was palpable, and Viola could sense it.

Viola didn't pry, opting to let the enigmatic thoughts be. Instead, she shifted her gaze to the side, taking in the sight of ebony crows perched upon the snow-dusted railing of the Viaduct.

Viola paused, her voice laced with a hint of apprehension. "You know, it's getting colder," she remarked, stating the obvious. "I've always had a soft spot for the cold, but lately, it's as if the days are cloaked in an even deeper darkness."

"What are you suggesting?" Lorenzo inquired, noting the ominous undertones of her voice. Trying to heed her words of advice.

"I believe I've only deduced the obvious," Viola retorted, raising an eyebrow. "There are more pressing matters to investigate than the meaningless conversation we are currently engaged in."