𝐔𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄.

1994;

Late at night, the two were sat in the corridor, as everyone else had gone to the Hufflepuff party an hour ago. They spoke in quiet whispers so as to not draw attention to themselves, as they would both be in trouble if they were caught. Despite this risk, they continued their conversation regardless, disregarding any potential consequences.

"That's all you've got?" Draco asked Viola, he was skeptical and in disbelief. "I find that hard to believe,"

"You find everything hard to believe," Viola said, rolling her eyes and keeping them shut for a moment.

"Viola." Draco scoffed as she got up to lean against the wall and tugged her short dress down. She crossed her arms to hold in the cold air.

"Draco," Viola mocked him before sighing and saying, "Like i said, It was a message sent from the dark lord, his followers were sent to get a memorandum through. you saw the camp side, the way they wrecked it. Injured more than a few people too, I don't know who they were sent for, or why, but they made sure everyone knew what the message was."

"My father never said anything about it," Draco said, his tone growing angrier with each word. "He never says anything, yet expects me to turn a blind eye and follow them airily. I'm getting sick of pretending like I don't know."

"Yeah?" Viola laughed at the statement, "And what would you do if you openly knew all, hm? Fight with them? Get their stupid mark? To them, you are powerless without it, Draco. Let's not be foolish here."

Before Draco could say anything, sudden footsteps appeared, getting closer and closer. As she and Draco shared a quick glance across the hall, Viola quickly stood straight up from her relaxed stance.

Both thinking that they would get caught and face an ugly detention from Filch, they prepared for the worst. Only, what they saw wasn't Filch.

What they saw was a young man with brown hair, just a little tousled but still maintained. His skin wasn't too pale, just a hint of rosiness to his cheeks. His features looked almost delicate.

"Viola?" The boy asked as he walked closer. "Didn't think I'd see you here, let alone alongside Draco."

"Sorry." Draco apologized in a tone that was both casual and insincere. "Who are you?"

Suddenly, it was as if a lightbulb went off in Viola's mind. Her eyes widened as she made a sudden connection.

"Ouch," he laughed, placing a hand on his chest and giving a mockingly dramatic wince. "You go three years without seeing me, and you've already forgotten all about me? My feelings are deeply hurt."

"Lorenzo Berkshire." With a raised brow and confident smile, Viola stated his name as if confirming something she already knew the answer to. "I can't say I'm too surprised to find you here. The only real surprise, is why you're here, walking around so late."

"I could ask you the same," Lorenzo teased, now standing in front of the two. He gave an exaggerated shrug, as if to say, fair is fair.

"Yeah, we were discussing something important before you interrupted us," Draco teased in reply. "So, has your father finally figured out how terrible Ilvermorny is?"

"Surprised you didn't pick up their obnoxious accent while you were there," Viola poked fun, "It's one that's painfully hard to miss."