Chapter 3

As you stand there, Loki Laufeyson himself comes into view, still in chains, being escorted to his room. The atmosphere is tense, and you can't help but feel the gravity of the situation. Suddenly, a familiar figure emerges – it's Tony Stark. He exudes his usual charismatic confidence, but there's a sense of seriousness in the air.

"Now, this is your roommate," Tony announces, gesturing towards Loki. "Keep a close watch on him. You two will be spending the entire day together. His only alone time is from 11 pm to 7 am. Make some plans, but remember, don't venture to other floors. If you require anything or there's an emergency that takes you away, inform us, and someone else will step in to keep an eye on him. Good luck, y/n," he adds before casting one last glance at Loki and heading back to the elevator with the guards.

The door to Loki's room slams shut with such force that it sends vibrations through the floor, startling you and stealing the breath from your lungs. Your mind is now consumed with worry. Silence descends upon the hallway, an eerie stillness that leaves you standing in the doorway, unsure of what to do next.

With a deep breath, you finally step away from the door and retreat into your own room. The weight of the situation lingers as you return to your tasks, meticulously sifting through your emails, all the while aware of the enigmatic presence of Loki Laufeyson just a room away.

It's 3 PM now, and the weight of the situation presses upon you. You should be keeping an eye on Loki, but the idea of disturbing him at this moment doesn't sit well with you. Even though you haven't laid eyes on him, the palpable anger emanating from his room hangs heavy in the air.

After wrapping up your email responses, you navigate your way into the kitchen, seeking solace in a soothing cup of tea. You explore the shelves, each one crammed with a mesmerizing variety of tea options. Your fingers eventually land on the chosen shelf, and as you spot your tea selection, a sense of decisiveness washes over you.

"So many options," you murmur softly under your breath, your voice barely breaking the hushed silence. You opt for the tea, and the only sound that graces the entire floor is the gentle hum of the water kettle coming to life. Wisps of steam spiral upward from the kettle, leaving delicate water droplets suspended from the shelves above, like jewels glistening in the soft light.

You briefly contemplate enjoying your tea in the living room but ultimately decide to return to the solitude of your room. As you pass Loki's door, you wrestle with the urge to knock on it, your fist hovering in mid-air. Just as your knuckles begin their descent, a sudden, piercing beep erupts from the elevator, causing you to flinch in surprise. The hot tea scalds your hand, eliciting a sharp hiss of pain.

Turning towards the elevator, your tension eases as you spot your assistant with your clothes, a small sigh of relief escaping your lips. Worry about your wardrobe is one less concern now. You direct your assistant to place all the bags in your room before she exits and disappears into the elevator.

Returning to your room, you set your tea on the table and begin sifting through your clothing, meticulously inspecting each item from underwear to a winter jacket. The process is oddly comforting. Music fills your ears through your headphones, but you keep one ear open, alert for any unexpected sounds.

You take a moment to update your friends on your predicament, explaining that you have no idea how long you'll be stuck here. Initially shocked, they eventually find some solace knowing you're safe but are saddened by the prospect of not being able to go out with you.

It's now 6 PM, and only three hours have passed, leaving you sitting on your bed, grappling with boredom. A realization strikes you - there's a library nearby. The darkness has already enveloped the outside world, as winter's early sunsets arrive at 5 PM. You seize the opportunity, kindling a fire in the chimney and embarking on a search for a book.

Among the titles, you discover "The Sleeping Beauty." It's a movie you cherish, and even though it's quite old, it still holds a special place in your heart. You select the book and immerse yourself in its timeless tale.

Aurora, her eyes sparkling with curiosity, stepped out from behind a tree and greeted Prince Philip with a warm smile. "Oh, I'm awfully sorry," she said softly, her voice carrying the gentle cadence of the forest. "I didn't mean to frighten you." The dappled sunlight filtered through the leaves above, casting a soft glow on her delicate features. Her eyes, like two pools of endless wonder, met his with a mixture of innocence and enchantment. Aurora's hair, the color of sunshine itself, framed her face in a cascade of golden waves. Prince Philip, momentarily taken aback by her ethereal beauty, managed to stammer a reply, "No need to apologize, my lady. I was lost in thought and didn't expect to encounter anyone here." Aurora's laughter, as melodious as a songbird's tune, filled the forest. "Well, it seems we both share a love for the quiet beauty of the woods," she said, her gaze drifting to the rustling leaves and the playful dance of woodland creatures. As they stood there, amidst the serene embrace of nature, a connection blossomed between them. It was a fleeting moment in time, yet it felt as if the entire forest held its breath, captivated by the enchantment of their chance meeting.

Hours slip away, and when you finally tear your eyes from the pages, it's 8 PM. You had anticipated reading a while longer, but you must remain awake for another four hours. So, you spend your time planning out the week, eager for Loki to cooperate and help you accomplish the tasks on your list.

As the clock ticks towards 10:30 PM, you make your way to the bathroom for a quick shower, only to realize that it's as barren as your surroundings. It's just a brief rinse-off, and as the clock finally strikes 11 PM, you can finally retire to your bed. Now, it's just you and the anticipation of what Loki's presence will bring in the days to come.