𝐵𝑜𝑜𝑘 3: 𝑂𝑐𝑡𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑒 𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

**
I can grant any wish you have.
But if you want to cross the bridge, you've got to pay the toll.

Go ahead and sign the school.
Of course, I will need adequate compensation.

With his power, I'll rule everything...

*
Summary

The time has arrived for Y/n to take her final exam

The time has arrived for Y/n to take her final exam. Grim, Ace, and Deuce are oddly confident, and when grades roll in, sure enough, they've scored noticeably higher than usual. But there's always a catch when someone makes a contract with Azul...

*

*

*

"Azul Ashengrotto. You were wronged and stolen of happiness. But rejoice in your suffering for it will be your greatest weapon. I may not have been able to have the chance to accomplish my dream...but your strong will makes me willing to give you a marvelous blessing. Ha ha ha. I'm willing to make a contract so you're beloved Angelfish can forever be yours. No matter the cost. For every sacfricice...every thaumark...is worth the cost for an even greater goal."
-Cosette, Guardian of Avarice

Cosette is the Guardian of Avarice who influences the Merchant from the Depths greed with her enticing voice

Once Upon a Time in a land so far away, Cosette always dreamed of being a singer. But as the daughter of a corrupted count with a shameful older sister, it was difficult to achieve her goals.

Surrounded by abusive servants, she never experienced love, only finding solace when she sings to her innocent mother who is unfortunately unable to walk for her legs are paralyzed.

Cosette vowed to save as much money to heal her mother and her dream school, even resorting to questionable ways.

Eventually, her work paid off and was finally able to send her mother to a good doctor and attend her dream school. But...she was accidentally pushed down the stairs during an argument with her older sister, falling to her death. What was worse is that her older sister pinned her accident on Cosette's own carelessness. Her own father didn't even bother to have a proper funereal for it was obviously fast paced as no one bothered to attend but her abusive servants, elder sister, and father.

With no proper love and constant abuse, Cosette succumbed into a deep despair in death, unable to pass on to a peaceful paradise.

But when there is darkness, there is light as well, for Cosette was saved by a powerful spirit of winter, giving the grieving girl a reason to continue on living to accomplish her goals.

*
"This isn't fair...! I...I was finally going to have the opportunity to attend my dream school to become a Songstress!" I once screamed, shouting at my vain elder sister. "I wanted...to make Mother find her true happiness..."

*
"Everyone has their own agenda. We just have to get ahead of them."

*
"Why does elder sister receive no punishment for her sinful ways...yet I get whipped by mere servants for dirtying your precious luxuries clothes?!"

*
"This isn't fair! I...I want to be happy too! Is it illegal for me to find such happiness with my mother that you can no love for?!"

*
"I didn't do anything wrong! For you are just a shameless, power-hungry, harlot who fakes everything! Even her own hair-"

*
*THUD* *CRACK*
"Oh no! Is she dead? N-No matter...as long as no one saw me...I'll be fine. After all...it was HER fault."

*
Voiced by:
Aya Endō

*
Featuring Chapters

No.1:
Cramming Session

No.2:
Average Questions

No.3:
Results Stacked

No.4:
Press-Gang Contract

No.5:
A Group Counterattack

No.6:
A Contractual Setback

No.7:
Observing a Foe

No.8:
A Baiting Duo

No.9:
Lounge Shorthanded

No.10:
Collateral Demanded

No.11:
A Contract Signed

No.12:
A Housing Bind

No.13:
A Dorm Suite

No.14:
Morning Heat

No.15:
Stardom Dreams

No.16:
Hasty Schemes

No.17:
Amateurs in the Deep

No.18:
Playing Cheap

No.19:
Wracking the Brain

No.20:
Two Days Remain

No.21:
Group Infiltration

No.22:
Jolting Electrification

No.23:
A Minor Oversight

No.24:
Rendezvous at Midnight

No.25:
A Cleaning Hint

No.26:
A Morning Blueprint

No.27:
Singing Some Praise

No.28:
Return of the Morays

No.29:
Lounge Confusion

No.30:
Contract Dissolution

No.31:
Dastardly Negotiation

No.32:
Moment of Realization

No.33:
Reduced to Naught

No.34:
Back in an Octopus Pot

No.35:
Erasing the Past

No.36:
Scarfing Down Fast

No.37:
Home at Last

No.38:
Museum Travelogue

No.39:
Octavinelle Epilogue

*
Introducing...
The Corrupted Merchant from the Depths