Back At School

School started the next day, the boys except Steve was excited to be back on the team. Not that Steve didn't like his team or what not, just that Tommy and Billy seemed to be closer than ever. And Steve didn't want Tommy to be around Marlowe. Cause if Billy is coming around to help out, who knows id Tommy will come over. Then it would be the end of Tommy.

Not caring what the boys thought of him anymore, packing up his bag Billy stood next to Steve. "How much does Marlowe really love that car of hers?" It was a simple question.

With a big sigh trying not to have Billy crawling into his skin. "Why?"

"Cause I wanna fix it for her." Dapping the towel over his own face.

'More like getting into her pants.' Steve thought. "That was her mom's car. So a lot I guess." Putting the backpack strap over his shoulder. Wishing that Billy would leave his family alone.

Billy smirked as he grabbed his clothing after the shower. "Don't worry I'm not going to sleep with her pretty boy." With a chuckle as Tommy was standing right behind him.

Steve knew that he couldn't beat both of them. Rolling his eyes as Steve walked away it wasn't worth it. But standing outside of the boys locker room was Marlowe. It didn't bother her, but hearing California calling her that after taking him in. Made her think otherwise.

Quickly sitting in the bleachers, Steve walked out seeing Marlowe waiting for him. Billy soon walked out after him. Marlowe and Steve walked out together. Billy and Marlowe locked eyes, what Billy could see was hurt in her eyes. Looking away, as she pushed the door opened and Steve followed her.

Tommy tapped on Billy's right shoulder. "We're good?"

Billy looked down at his bag. "Yeah, we're good."

Lunch time Steve and Marlowe sat outside eating lunch. It was fine, like what Billy had said to Marlowe was almost forgotten. Steve got called away from a girl that needed his help, while Billy sat across from Marlowe.

"How's your first day back?" Billy took a bite out of an apple.

"Fine. Your's?" Opening up a book so she could fake read until he left her alone.

"Good. Look I am going to your grans house cause she needed me to work on a few things, that I could take you home if you'd like."

"Max?"

"What about her?" He knew what she was doing.

"How will she get home? We both live in different directions."

Billy chuckled as he leaned in a bit. "Don't worry about that."

Shutting the book as she faced California. "I don't think you want to take a lard person home." Getting up from the table. "Thanks but no thanks California."

Billy went after her. "I'm sorry about that."

Stopping in her tracks as Marlowe stood close to Billy. "No your not. Look I don't care, call me what you want. But don't be a wishy-washy guy. Girls might fall for it for awhile. But this lard ass won't." Seeing that other people were looking at both of them. "I know my worth. My worth isn't with a guy like you." Her two fingers went to his chest as she moved herself away. "By the way, I have to sell my car. So no need to work on my car." Telling a lie to him so he wouldn't come over today.

Billy wasn't happy about any of this. Tina stood next to Billy after Marlowe walked away. "Did she do something to you?"

"No." Saying with a sharptone. Sighing as Billy headed to his next class.

End of the school, Billy stands right by his car waiting for Max with a girl named Jasmine. Billy looked out for Max, then seeing Marlowe laughing with Steve as they headed to his car. "Is your sister coming or what?"

Billy snapped out of his little day dream about Marlowe, throwing out his cigarette then stomping on it and then spitting stuff out. "Fuck it. And dont call her that." Heading to the drivers seat.

"Don't call who what?"

"Max, is my step sister." Opening his car door.

"Sorry." Getting into his car.

Steve didn't drive off as soon as Max rolled out of school with his skateboard. She sighed seeing Billy driving off. So Steve honked at her. "Want a ride?"

Seeing that Marlowe was in the car, smiling at her with a soft smile. "Sure. But can I come over I don't want to deal with Billy on why I was late."

"I don't mind." Marlowe said.

"Great." Getting into the backseat, buckling up. Steve drove to Granny's house.

Max called her mother letting her know that she was over at Marlowe's house for the time being. No reason why. Or asked. Susan was alright with that. Even letting Billy know that's were Max is. Billy was working out when Susan called. That kinda upset him like why is she over there and not home? But a chance to be home by himself is a wonderful idea. Max stayed in Marlowe's room with Marlowe.

"Billy was planning on working on your car." Seeing the for sale sign on Marlowe's car.

"I know, Steve told me, cause Billy asked Steve about how much that car means to me. But I need to sale it."

"Why?"

"Well they don't make those types of car parts anymore. Besides my mother would want me to sale it anyways." Even though it had the best memories in the car. Where she felt safe, like no one could ever hurt her.

"Oh. As long if you want to sale it then you need to do what's best. I couldn't sale anything of my mom's." Max looked down at her book.

"Me too. But it needs to be sold. And when I can sale it, I can help out with the bills and such." Glancing back at Max. "Why was Billy wanting to fix my car?"

"That's a good question that I do not have the answer too."