Chapter 4

A few days passed, and I was fed up with Miles living with us

A few days passed, and I was fed up with Miles living with us. Every night since moving in, he's gotten home late and is noisy about it. My brother and the guys finally cleaned out the extra room that was for storage. But even then, he's still loud and is underneath my room, so I can hear everything when he brings girls over.

It is very unpleasant, I tell you. Very.

Anyway, today is the first day of college for me. I'm a bit nervous but excited at the same time. I hope to make a friend. I look at my outfit in the mirror. High-waisted mom jeans with a slight tear at the knee, a black fitted t-shirt, and my Birkenstock sandals. My hair was naturally wavy ness, and I did light makeup. I grabbed everything I needed and headed downstairs out the door, locking it behind me.

I get into Flynn's truck, shutting the door nicely.

"Finally! Let's go!" Levi whined and nudged Flynn.

"Oh, shut up! I was making sure I had everything," I scoff and flick his forehead. He gasped and flicked me back.

"Hey, hey! There will be no fighting in my truck!" Flynn yells, and we both stop. I stuck my tongue out at him, and he gave me a dirty look.

We finally arrived, and everyone split up into their classes. I held my breath before opening the door to my first college class. I walk in and see students chatting with one another. I sit in the middle row, not close to the professor or too far.

I took out my laptop, opened the slideshow uploaded in Canvas, and took my iPad to take notes. The professor walked in, and everyone got quiet.

My professor was Dr. Len; he was about in his mid-forties, had a dad body, scruffy face, glasses, blonde slick back hair, and was around 6'1. He introduced himself and the course of the class, which is Anatomy and Physiology. I followed along and wrote down the critical things he said.

The lecture was over, and as I woke out the door, someone tripped on my leg and fell forward.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. Are you okay?" I ask and help her up.

The green-eyed brunette dusted herself off, "Yeah.
Im good. It's not your fault; I'm rushing to get coffee before my next class."

"I'm Julia," I stick my hand out.

"I'm Marisol," She takes my hand, "Want to join me for coffee?"

"I'd love to," I chuckle.

We walk together to the campus cafe and order our coffee.

"So what's your major?" She asked.

"I'm prenursing. What about you?"

"I'm a kinesiology major,"

"Oh cool, what do you wanna do with that?" I ask.

"I want to become a sports medicine for football players in the big leagues," She tells me.