Chapter 5

Three weeks have gone by, and college is chaotic

Three weeks have gone by, and college is chaotic. I've had eight quizzes, five papers, and two exams,  and I have another one today for my lab class. Everyone in the dorm has been occupied with their things of homework and studying.

I quickly put my shorts and T-shirt on with flip-flops. I tie my hair in a messy bun and grab my backpack before running out the door to the truck.

"Julia, how is it that you're always the last one to get in the truck?" Levi complains.

My eye twitches a bit as I buckle my seat belt.

"Well, geez, Levi, I don't know. Oh wait, I do, it's because I wake up early to cook you all breakfast and make sure you have everything like a mother," I said, frustrated and throwing my hands up.

"Damn, who pissed in your cereal?" Miles commented. I turn around to look at him and was about to throw my hydroflask at him.

"Breathe, Julia," I hear Archie say and I switch my gaze to him. Archie demonstrates his breathing.

I ignore him turning back around and try to calm my nerves. I didn't need more weight added to my anxiety. We arrive on campus, and everyone gets out quickly. I closed the truck door and walked away when Flynn called my name.

"Hey, I appreciate all you do for us. Don't ever think we're not grateful for you," His hand rested on my shoulder. I try to ignore the warm, tingly feeling from his hand.

"Thanks," I give a soft smile.

"You're going to do great on your exam. You've been studying non-stop," He says.

"I'll do my best," I tell him.

"I'm free after lunch if you want to hang out and let off some steam," He mentions.

"I'd like that. I'll text you," I said, and he nodded before waking away.

The lecture went by quickly, and I was nervous walking to the lab. I sat in my seat, noticing a model of the brain in front of me with a question. My phone pinged and I took it out my pocket.

Flynn- 'You're going to do great. I believe in you :)'

I smile at his text.

"Alright, everyone, please put everything away but a pencil. How this work is, at each seat there's a question. You have one minute to answer each one. The timer will beep, indicating your time is up and to route to the next seat," He explains.

The door opens, and Miles trails in late. Again.

He quickly took his seat next to me. "Please fill out your name and lab section on top," My instructor passes out the papers to everyone.

"You can start now," He says.

I was answering the questions quickly and well. I got to question 36 and noticed Miles trying to look at my test sheet.