Chapter 8

"Miles! Can you please pay attention," I smack his phone to his face since he was holding close to his face while texting

"Miles! Can you please pay attention," I smack his phone to his face since he was holding close to his face while texting. This was fifth time I had to tell him in the last twenty minutes.

He looked at me in shock.

"You did not just fucking hit me with my own phone," He rubs his nose.

"Well, if you would pay attention this wouldn't have happened," I say in a baby voice.

"Shut up," He pushes me.

"Who are you texting anyway? Your slut of the week?" I roll my eyes before writing on my notebook again.

"It's none of your business," He grumbled.

"Alright then," I throw my hands up in defense.

"Anyways, what were you saying?" He said, while picking up his pencil again.

"I was saying what is the function of the pulmonary arteries?" I turn to him.

"To pump oxygenated blood?" He guessed.

"No, close. It's the opposite, the pulmonary arteries move poor oxygen blood from your heart to your lungs," I tell him.

"So then what about the chambers?" He asked.

"What about them?"

He scratches his head, "The blood flow is confusing, can you explain it again?"

He sounded genuine and not rude.

I take out the blood flow diagram I drew in my notebook. His eyes widened, "holy shit, you did that?"

I nod my head, "Yeah so? I'm a visual learner,"

"Can I borrow these?" He asked looking at the diagram.

"Nope, you're going to make your own right now and learn it," I hand him a blank piece of paper. He exhaled and took the paper from my hand.

A fews days have gone by and today is the day where we disect a sheep's heart. I put my lab coat on and glasses, gloves, pinning my hair up. I grabbed a small disecting tray along with the tools needed to disect it. My instructor came by with a bucket and tongs placing a heart on my tray. Miles walked in late, again for the thousand time this semster. He hurried putting his backpack on the floor and putting his goggles and lab coat on.

Miles and I start to disect the heart.

"So how long have you Flynn seeing each other?" He broke the silence between us.

I was quick to shush him, looking around to see if anyone heard.

"Don't say it so loudly," I mutter.

He smirks, "Well? How long have you two been fucking?"

I smack his arm hard and he looks at me in surprise.

"Shut up already. Like I'd tell you," I tell him, trying to hide my burning cheeks.

"You guys haven't fucked," He snorted, while shaking his head.

"It's none of your business. Plus, I don't sleep with every guy I kiss," I glance up meeting his green gaze.

"Are you referring to me? Because if you're going to keep using, 'I sleep with everyone' as a defense mechanism, it won't work on me. Find something else to defend yourself with," He said to me while staring at me.

"You should get an award for how many girls you bring home a week," I tell him.

"At least those girls are getting some dick," He chuckles. I scrunch my nose up, "Why must you always make a dirty comment?"

"Because I know you love them," He smirks and I scoff rolling my eyes.

"You disgust me," I give a stern face.

"Thank you, I'm glad I do," He places his hand over his heart and pretends to be amused. I give him in disgust look because he just placed his dirty slimy hand over his lab coat and I could see the stain.

"Shut up," I grumble and turn my attention back to the heart.