Chapter 10

I got back from the gym with Archie and started to prepare dinner

I got back from the gym with Archie and started to prepare dinner. I planned to make steak and baked potatoes to take to Levi later in the hospital. He's been texting me nonstop about how horrible hospital food is and how he misses his bed. I got lucky the insurance covered Levi, but he will need a new car.

I start to prep the steak by seasoning it. I hear the front door open and close as I wash the potatoes. Miles turns the corner and sees me; he doesn't hesitate to smirk immediately. He had sweaty biker hair, and as he took off his gear, I could see his veins popping out. I quickly shifted my eyes away before he could notice.

"What's for dinner?" He walks behind me to access the fridge.

"Steak and baked potato," I answer quietly, minding my business.

"Oo, that sounds delicious," He hums from behind me before sitting at the counter in front of me.

"Yeah, so how was wherever you were?" I chuckle, trying to make conversation. I use a fork to poke holes in the potatoes. I place them on the tray and add some seasoning with butter.

"I was at the gym, and it was good. I worked on arms," He tells me before sipping his orange juice. I glance up slightly to see his arm veins still bulging out. It was attractive. 

"Archie and I just came back from the gym. Which one do you go to?" I asked as I placed the tray inside the oven.

"The same one you guys go to," He says.

"Wait, so why don't you just carpool with us?" I say, taking the pan out from the cabinet.

"Because sometimes I stay longer than you guys, and I know you guys are only there for some time," He says, getting up while holding his empty cup.

"So you're saying you stalk us?" I suggest placing the pan down on the stove.

He places his cup in the sink before looking at me, "I'm surprised you haven't noticed me. Considering all the guys that check you out and walk up to you," He rambles quickly.

I start chuckling, "Wow, you are a stalker if you notice that,"

"I'm not stalking. I'm just watching your back. Plus, your brother asked all of us to watch you since he won't be here," He says, picking up his cup and washing it.

"Uh huh, sure. You're a stalker," I hum to him.

"No, I'm not," He grumbles.

"Yes," I stick my tongue out at him.

"Whatever," He huffs and puts his cup on the drying rack.

After placing some oil on the pan, I placed one of the steaks on the pan. I went to the fridge and grabbed some carrots and corn. I brought them over to the sink, and Miles still stood there.

"Can you please move so I can wash these?" I ask with some sass.

"Can you ask nicely?" He crossed his arms over his chest.