Chapter 6

Friday came faster than I expected

Friday came faster than I expected. We all just returned from campus, and the heat was killing everyone. Have I mentioned how much I hate California heat? The only plus is good tans and the decently warm ocean waters.

Since I was already sweaty, I changed into workout clothes and dedicated myself to the gym. I pound on Archie's door. "Archie, let's go," I say from the other side of the door.

"I'm going, give me a minute!" He said. I sighed, heading downstairs; on my way down, I shivered from the sound of moaning from Miles's room. I mentally throw up.

Levi was sitting on the couch eating chips and watching a baseball game. I filled my hydro flask with ice and water. "Where are you going?" Levi asked while stuffing his face.

"The gym with Archie," I tell him, closing my bottle.

"Can I come?" He asked.

"Sure. Also, when am I getting my truck back? It's been a couple of weeks, and I haven't heard back from Benny," I ask him. Benny's, our mechanic buddy, is fixing up my Black 2002 Toyota Tacoma. I wrecked it two months ago.

"He said it should be finished next week," Levi said, going up the stairs.

"Thank God," I sigh in relief.

We arrive at the gym and work on our legs. As I add another plate to the rack and clip it in, I adjust my headphones and look through the mirror to see a cute boy staring at me. I glance at him through the mirror and give him a small wave. His cheeks turned red from embarrassment as he waved back. I do my set of deadlifts and take my one-minute rest. As I drink my water, I can see someone coming over to me from the corner of my eye.

"Hey," I heard a voice from behind me. I turn around and see the cute boy from earlier.

"Hi," I warmly smile and pull my headphones down.

"I noticed you're killer form. Who taught you?" He asked and pointed at the weights.

Before I could answer, someone else answered. "I did,"

I mentally slap myself in the face. I turn around and see Levi standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. I was now in the middle of both of them. "Who's this?" Levi rudely asked.

"I'm Derek, I was just complimenting her form. Who are you?" The cute boy said.

"I'm her brother," Levi scoffed.

"Who was just leaving," I gritted through a smile and moved my eyes, begging him to leave.

"No, Julia, we have to go. Archie's done with his workout, and I have a date in an hour," He smiles.

I sigh, "I haven't finished mine,"

"Too bad. Archie drove us, and he wants to leave," He tells me.

"Fine, I'll meet you at the car in a few," I tell him.