Chapter 13

*trigger warning ahead, attempted r*pe*

I was currently in my last class of the day, and I thanked the heavens that it was Friday. This week has been extra long with projects and exams. I'm exhausted. I've also been job hunting and have an interview later today at a cute cafe by the pier.

Once class was over, I headed over to my truck. I was rushing to get out of the area where I parked my truck because it was parked in the art department since we were late this morning, and there was no other parking. I didn't want Flynn to see me. He's been on my ass about Miles and me. He's been watching us like a hawk and making sure we're actually together but hasn't said anything to my brother.

It's one thing to pretend that I'm dating someone but hiding it from my brother is even harder.

I was almost to my truck when I heard my name being called. I whined before turning around to see no other than Flynn.

"Can I help you?" I roll my eyes.

"Just wanted to see if you're going to the party later tonight with Miles," He smirks hoping to catch me in a lie.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" I tell smile.

"Because I know you're not the party type," He continues to smirk.

"Maybe you don't know me too well," I shrug before turning back around and start to walk away.

"Wait," His hand stops me and I look down at where his hand placement was. I hated that I still got butterflies when he touched me.

"What?" I gulped.

"Your backpack is open," He tells me.

"Thanks," I say somewhat disappointed and walk away yanking my arm.

I got inside my truck and turned on the AC waiting for the boys. What were you expecting Julia? For him to say he loves you? That he messed up? I shake my head and scoff at myself. Soon after the boys joined me in the truck and I drove everyone home.

I was in room getting dressed for my interview. I pulled my hair back into a low messy bun. I looked at the time and realized I was running late.

"Shit," I said before getting up and taking my shorts off to apply my pants. Just as I'm mid-way outrun on my pants, my door flies open. I try to hide myself and look up to see Miles.

He looked just as shocked as me.

"We'll turn around you prev!" I yell before throwing my pillow at him.

He dodged it and chuckles. "No, I'd rather watch," He said closing the door.

Ugh.