12. Wren

"I try to find a reason to pull us apart. It ain't workin cause you're perfect and I know that you're worth it. I can't walk away, oh!" - The Weeknd

The trip was finally over, leaving 2 weeks before exams for studying; major assignments week, and revision week. This leaves me to 3 hours of studying everyday, excluding the weekends since my mother's wedding is literally 1 week after exams.

Wedding preparations have been going better than I expected though. I go home, pick up Noah, change clothes, get coffee, go shopping with the family (Noah included), get lunch at some fancy restaurant, and finally go home and prepare Noah for bed. He sleeps with me now since his mom is more comfortable with me after weekends of babysitting.

I've also introduced him to the twins, who adored him. Asher loved him so much that he wouldn't let him off his back for the whole shopping trip. August loved him to the point where he would let him play with his mechanic set. All was left was for Oliver to come back from Greece along with Cee Cee, his mysterious lady, and then Noah becomes an official part of the family.

I'm on my way right now to the nearest Starbucks to my dorm. My favorite thing to do in the whole wide world is probably studying in Starbucks with a good iced cup of coffee, with ZERO sugar. I have made a routine, today is Wednesday, meaning its Novel Day. I always keep my Mondays and Wednesdays for English, Mondays for Grammar, Vocabulary, and Writing while Wednesdays are for Literature and everything else. Reaching my favorite spot in the shop; the second floor, the table closest to the window in the back, I prepare my stuff while ordering coffee and a bunch of cookies.

I stay in there, studying for about 3 hours and 10 minutes before finally stopping. I collect my stuff back into my tote bag as I adjusted my hair and clothes. My outfit consisted of a basic black top and some flared indigo pants, along with the adidas campus 00s in black.

I wish George had come with me, it was like a tradition we had in tenth grade. Studying in Starbucks with headphones on and in super stylish clothes for some reason. I mean, you wouldn't know when the cutest guy would come and sit next to you in Starbucks to study. (Never happened before, *sob*)

George was busy though. She was appointed to tutor William for the next 2 weeks since he was struggling in some subjects. I have no idea why he's even in AP English if he's struggling with it. She, of course didn't want to do it but was once again forced by a teacher. Poor girl.

Once I reach my dorm, I flop on the bed, feeling all the fatigue from studying pour down over me at this moment. I change into some comfy clothes as I close the windows. Though it was autumn, cold wind just isn't my favorite thing. Like I love the wind and all but most of the time, I feel like the cold burns my bones. It feels as if my bones literally ignite, in the worst way possible.

I finish up my night routine before sinking into the comfort of my pillows and blankets.

As I was having the best time of my life though, I got awoken up by the amazing tune of "the story of my life" playing. As I regain consciousness, it slaps me in the face that this is the ringtone of my doorbell and that someone is knocking on the door intensely, to the point where I won't be surprised if the door suddenly started crying.

"Keep your pants on I'm coming!" I shout, frustrated by whoever the fuck is knocking on my dorm at 1:30 am in the fucking morning. I open the door, finding 2 tall figures in black and white attire.

"Well hello to you too dear sister," one of them said, smiling widely. I stand there, stunned for a second as my eyes adjust to the hallway's light.

"August!?" I say in shock.

"No, its Asher! Gosh Wren, when are you going to start telling us apart?"

"B-but August is usually the all smiley and sarcastic one while you're the emo one" I say defensively.

"You know what? I'm leaving, have fun with sleeping beauty over here" he said, gesturing to his identical twin that's out cold on his shoulder.

"Aww poor August, bring him here." I say, stepping aside to let Asher in with August on his shoulder. He sets his twin on my bed, covering him up with the sheets as he flops down on my carpet.

"So little-miss-I-promise-I-will-call-you-back, how's things at school?" Asher says.

"Hey I did call,... once and it said your phone was out of service," I start. "And things at school were better before someone decided to wake me up at 1:30 am while exam week is just 1 week away"

"Woah damn. Claudia's wedding is like a week after your exam week isn't it?" He replied, leaning his head back on the bed. "Such a fucked up month for you"

"Wow thanks a million for your supporting words." I say. "But in all seriousness, I'm surprised you even remembered mom's wedding was that week."

"Yeah well its not like your mom gets married everyday." He says, his jaw clenching and unclenching, a sign that he doesn't want to talk about that matter anymore. I respect his wishes and decide to change the subject.

"How's Noah? Did you guys see him again after I left or..?" I ask.

"Yeah we did, took him shopping actually to buy some new shoes. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen." Asher says with a laugh.

"Yeah it was so cute, I never thought a kid's eyes could light up like that when you tell them that they can have more than a single pair of shoes." A half awake August interrupts us as he lays on his stomach, facing us as he speaks of our little 4 year old neighbor.

"Well look at that, sleeping beauty woke up without a true love's kiss!" Asher said.

"Aw look whose all smiley and sarcastic, glad you're out of your depressed era bro" Auggie replied back, ruffling his twin's hair.

"Touch my hair again and I'm-"

"Shut up you two idiots!" I interrupt their silly fight, wrapping both my arms around them, though with great difficulty since one was on the ground and another on my bed. I hug them tightly as I whisper to them, "I miss you guys, so so so much. Sorry I never said that when we went shopping with Ma, but the mood was just so sour, I couldn't even think of anything except going home."

"Aww, c'mere kid" Asher said as he hugged me so tightly, I could barely breathe. August climbed down from the bed, joining the hug too.

And I couldn't think of anything that could make this moment more perfect because it's everything that I could ever need.

A/N:

Guys allergies are kicking my ass hard this fall, like I literally finished 2 boxes of medicine and its still not over. Also, this is the third time I have a cold in the past two weeks, how nice.

Yeah thats why it took so long to write this but trust me, we're getting to the drama next chapter so buckle up y'all.

Hope allergies r treating u better than how they treated me.
Love y'all
~1286 words