33 Found Us

Thomas eventually joined us sitting down on one of the rocks.

"I wish Alby could've seen all this." Newt said.

"And Winston." Frypan said.

"And Clint and Jeff." I smile thinking about those two boys back in the Med-hut.

"And Chuck." Thomas added.

"He'd be proud of you, you know, Tommy." Newt told Thomas.

"Yeah."

"Hey, Aris!" Frypan called down, Aris was below us, sitting around a fire with Harriet and Sonya.

"Hey, guys!" He waved up.

"I kinda like that kid." Frypan admitted.

"Yeah. I still don't trust him, though." Minho laughed.

We all smiled. Newt pulled me close to him, both of us were cold.

"Hey, where's Teresa?" Thomas asked.

"She went up there." Newt pointed behind us.

"We didn't want to bother her. But you should go." I encourage my brother.

He left and climbed up as the sun begin to set.

————

It was a cold night colder that others, I could see my breath. We had walked back down to the camp.

One minute everything was great, everyone was happy and safe the next there was fire, a helicopter above us and people screaming.
WICKED had found us.

WICKED soldiers dropped down laughing the electrical things they had before at everyone.

    "Where's Thomas?" Frypan wondered as we ran to take cover behind some barrels, beside a burning car.

    "Harriet! Ammo!" We heard of Vince yell.
We spotted him not far off in the back of a pick up truck.

    "Vince! Harriet!" Minho shouted.
Newt held my hand as we ran after Minho towards Vince.

     "Come on!" Vince yelled.

    "Over here!" Harriet answered.
We reach the truck avoiding some shots.

    "How can we help?" Frypan asked.

    "You need to cover us!" Harriet yelled, handing Vince some ammo. He stood on the back of the truck where there was a large gun that he needed to load up before he could use it.

    "AMMO!" He shouted again, then turned to us. "Hey! Do you know how do use this thing?" He gave Minho a gun. "COVER ME! This fifty's our only chance!"
We all grab guns and position ourselves around the truck.
I took the same side that Newt was on. WICKED soldiers shot at us.
Newt had a good aim, he was great at hitting the WICKED soldiers and hardly missed. I wasn't that bad myself either.
I pointed the gun and shot. More and more WICKED soldiers begin to close in on us.

    "Vince, hurry up! There's too many of them." Newt told him.

     "Vince if there's something you gotta do, do it now!" I rush, reloading my gun.

     "I'm out!" Frypan yelled.

     "Oh! Look out!" Newt shouted as a WICKED soldier, through some thing that landed in the back of the truck.

    "SHIT!" Vince shouted.
And there was a loud boom. Pain ran through my body, and I fell to the ground, unable to move.

The WICKED soldiers came around, pulling us up and brought us over.
All the kids were in rows on their knees WICKED soldiers around us. They kept all the adults on their knees to the side.

I was on the left of Newt. WICKED soldiers came around, forcing my neck down and scanning.

    "A-3." The WICKED soldier read out.

    "How many did we get?" Rat Man walked up and asked a man from WICKED.

    "All of them. Give or take." The man answered.

    "Give or take what?" Rat Man wondered walking in front of us.

    "Well, they lost a few." The man said.

Everything was quieter now, no shouting, but the sound of helicopter above still filled the air.

    "Where's Thomas?" Rat Man asked.

     "Right here." I turned to see Thomas as he walks up.

WICKED soldiers quickly grabbed him, pushing him forward over to Rat Man.

   "Thomas." Rat Man smiled, putting his hand on Thomas's shoulder, then quickly punching Thomas in the stomach. Thomas fell over grunting in pain. "Get him in line."

The WICKED soldiers shoved Thomas over, forcing him down beside Minho.

    "Okay." Rat Man said, then walked back up to the man saying something quietly

     "Why didn't you run?" Minho asked Thomas not moving his head.

     "I'm tired of running." Thomas answered.

A large ship flew over kicking up lots of dust. I coughed as it landed in front of everyone.

Slowly, a ramp opened up, WICKED soldiers marched out, and behind them a lady dressed in all white, Dr. Ava Paige.