22 No One Around

"Come on, go! Go! We'll lose them in the storm!" Thomas yelled, pushing us forward.

The wind was blowing my hair in front of my face and the sand in my eyes. I stumble around my feet kicking up sand.
I feel a hand grab onto mine.

     "I got you." Newt told me.
He kept walking keeping me close.
We lay down in the sand as we could see the lights of the men looking for us.

"Okay, everybody, go, go, go! Stay low. Stay low!" Thomas instructed.

We crawled back and ran sticking together.

"Teresa, hang on. Stay together!" Thomas yelled as she ran in front of us.

"I think we lost them!" Minho said.

"Keep going, guys. Let's go." Thomas whispered and we ran down a hill, trying not to fall.

"Watch out!" Minho said. "Where are we even going?"

At the bottom of the hill, we reached glass, inside was a hallow and dark.

"Come on." Teresa said without further discussion, she climbed in through a broken window.

"Teresa, wait! No, don't go in there!" Thomas yelled.

"Get down here!" She called up.

Thomas followed her in, then Minho then Newt then me.
I slid down the sand entering the dark buried, building. We came in through the roof. I slid down the sand. Someone caught me before I could fall. I looked to see it was Newt.

"You all right, love?" He asked.

"Yeah, thank you." I smile.

I looked around, it was completely dark, but it was large, a mall I think it was meant to be.

Minho flicked on the flashlight looking around, there was not a single noise or movement inside.

"Where the hell are we?" He turned to us.

"We gotta go." Thomas said, and started to walk.

"No." I called after my brother.

"We gotta keep moving." Thomas answered.

"Thomas, stop!" Teresa stood still. "Tell me what's going on."
Thomas walked back over to us.

"It's WICKED. It's WICKED. They lied to us. We never escaped. Me and Aris, we found bodies. Too many to count."

"What do you mean? Dead bodies?" Minho asked.

"No, but they weren't alive either. They had them strung up. Tubes coming out of them. They were being... They were being drained. There's something inside of us that WICKED wants. Some thing in our blood. So we have to get as far away from them as possible." Thomas explained.

"Okay. So, what's the plan?" Newt asked, Thomas didn't answer. "You do have a plan, right?"

"Yeah, I don't know." Thomas shrugged.

"Well, we followed you out here, Thomas, and now you're saying that you have no idea where we're going or what we're doing?" Newt raised his voice and ran his hand through his hair.

Thomas was about to say something but stopped.

"Wait. Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. Some kind of resistance or army." Aris spoke.

"The Right Arm." Thomas remembered.

"I like this kid." I point at Aris. "He at least has some sort of idea where we should go."