Chapter 7

After all the rituals and greetings, the function ended as she let out a heavy sigh of relief

She changed her clothes into something casual and headed downstairs to see the others in the living room.

Mr and Mrs Sim welcomed her and told her to sit with them. "Tomorrow evening you both will be leaving for Singapore." She nodded and gave her mother-in-law a fake yet warm smile in return.

"Also, we've thought of letting you both spend this night at our penthouse so you could get along with each other."

She nodded again in reply and Jake let out a lazy hum whilst being engrossed in his phone. "Jake, it's already late, you both should leave for there now, and take care of her." He nodded, finally turning the phone off before getting up and walking over to her.

She let out a yelp of surprise when he lifted her up out of nowhere. "Alright mom dad, we'll leave now and I appreciate this thought of yours, since the rooms in here aren't soundproof, the penthouse for only the two of us was so much needed, isn't it wifey?" He teased with a sly smile, causing her cheeks to flush red in embarrassment.

She moved her head to the other side, hiding her face in his shoulders and earning chuckles from his parents.

"What do you think you are doing?"

She asked annoyingly as soon as he brought her outside. "Taking care of you as per instructed." He shrugged and continued on his way.

"I can walk by myself."

"You can shut up too, you know?"

"Put me down right now."

She glared at him as he stopped walking and looked around to find no one there. "Fine" He muttered and let go of her as she fell on her butt whilst he walked over to his car.

"Ow!! That jerk."

She whined and got up before following after him.

She sat inside the car with him and tucked her seatbelt as he proceeded driving.

Upon reaching the penthouse, they got off of the car and proceeded inside. She could only let out an annoyed huff after encountering a single room in the whole penthouse.

"So, shall we?"

He gestured towards the bed with a grin whilst leaning against the door. "Please!! I'm tired as fuck right now." She groaned, lazily walking over to the bed and laying down on it.

"Whatever."

He rolled his eyes before doing the same, laying down next to her and falling asleep immediately, since both of them were tired from the function.

*****

It was morning, and Jake was the first one to awoke, he was met by the sight of her sleeping peacefully whilst snuggling onto him.