Chapter 13

"What the hell are you doing in here?"

Hearing his voice and watching him getting out of his car worriedly, she needed to stare for a while to make sure if she wasn't hallucinating.

Once she realised that he was about to approach her, she got up running over to him and embracing him, causing him to almost loose his balance that he had to lift her.

"WHO THE FUCK TOLD YOU TO LEAVE EARLIER?"

She screamed at him who was processing everything that was happening.

He stayed like that for a while then slowly placed his one hand on her waist and the other one on the back of her head.

He quietly made his way over to the other side and opened the car door, as he placed her inside she whined loudly, not wanting to let go of him but he reassured her and tucking her seatbelt he sat on the other side before driving to home.

He had an emergency tab in his car which had access to his phone and it's location, and from which he had figured out that she was in the middle of the road with his phone.

Since their apartment was not so far away, they soon reached there and just as he removed his seatbelt, he was attacked by a tight hug once again.

"Can you stop crying and tell me why are you being like this?"

He asked watching her adjusting herself on his lap just to hug him comfortably.

"You know what you've done?"

"I know but what if I say it's a prank?"

Her grip loosened slowly as she broke the hug to look at him.

"A p-prank? You're saying that was all a prank?"

He didn't said anything nor even moved so she tried to get off of him, not until he stopped her.

"I'm divorcing you"

"Hey stop!! I was kidding"

He laughed out but it soon disappeared when she broke down into tears. "I'm sorry" He tried to comfort her by apologising but she only cried loudly.

He was now lost, he didn't know what to do since he never had a crying girl near him. Though, he know he messed up instead of fixing it this time, he was more concerned for why was she crying this much.

"I-I had a brother, he also used to do that whenever I was upset or mad, he used to write me down good things to make it up."

He listened to her patiently while holding her tight and caressing the back of her head. "When I was 8, he got into an accident and-" She paused in between just to cry again, causing him to frown.

"I lost him"

She looked up at him, wiping her tears and taking a deep breathe.

"And you just triggered that fucking memory I've been trying to forget for ages."