Chapter 2

Staring at the ceiling, Jake heaved a sigh before finally getting up from the bed and wearing his clothes

He glanced at the girl whom he just happened to met some hours ago, sleeping naked on the bed, he threw the blanket on her to cover her naked body before leaving from there.

Since it was still night, the peoples here were enjoying the night as Jake walked over to the club manager's room.

He placed a bundle of money on his table as the manager gestured for him to go ahead.

Jake typed up the time on the computer and saw the cctv footage of when the girl dragged him inside one of the room and began kissing him.

He have had numerous nights like this at different clubs with different girls always, and since he don't want anyone from his family to know about this, he'd delete the footages where he'd had sex with any girl.

As he was about to click on the reset button, something caught his sight inside the footage as he zoomed in to have a clear view.

He saw a girl looking around clueless and accidentally walking inside the same room he was in. The footage from inside of the room was blurry and dark since the lights were off so he couldn't see her face.

He skipped some minutes and then he finally was able to see her face after she walked out from the room.

Jake let out a breathy chuckle, when she screamed, breathing heavily and placed her hands on her chest before shaking her head continuously.

Soon she left from there while talking to someone on the phone call. "Must be a stupid little girl." Jake muttered and delete the cctv footage of him with the girl, before leaving from there.

As Jake reached home, he was welcomed by his parents who were waiting for him in the living room.

"How was your day son? Come sit here."

His dad gestured for him to sit with them which he did after taking a water bottle from the table. "It was good. By the way, why are you both here together just to greet me?" Jake let out and took a sip of water.

"Actually, we have something to talk about."

"What is it?"

Jake asked as they both exchanged looks with each other and nodded.

"You know Mr Shin, my business partner?"

His dad asked as Jake took some minutes to recall. "Oh yes, uncle and aunty Shin right?" His dad nodded at him after he finally remembered who their dad was asking about.

"As you know, our company has been facing financial issues nowadays, so I asked for help to Mr Shin."

"And?"

"He had suggested to do a collaboration but you know that we can't always do collaborations because it only gives us temporary benefits."

Jake nodded his head, understanding what his dad was saying. "I've met his daughter a week ago, she's really beautiful and well mannered so, I asked to Mr Shin if his daughter and you could be a match together so it'll be more easy for my company to work together with him and he agreed." Jake looked at his parents, surprised because he didn't expected this to hear.

"Dad are you serious? I'm too young to get married."

"You're 22, it's still a perfect age to get married but don't worry, we aren't rushing you. You can take things slowly afterwards because it's really important for you to get married for the sake of our company, after some years you will be the one to take over the company, so think about it and let us know."

His dad stated to which he nodded, before his dad left to his room. "Jake, you need to realise that you're a grown man now and you should take responsibility for your family. Did you knew, she's the daughter of your dad's childhood friend?" His mom said caressing his cheeks as he shook her head.

"So, they are not only business partners but childhood friends too?"

"Yess and I've also met her in person, trust me she's really pretty and who knows if you fall in love with her in your first encounter?"

He diverted his gaze as his mom just ruffled his hair before walking away.

"Love?"

He asked to himself and chuckled, shaking his head before getting up.

He went to his room and had a cold shower first before he headed to the dining room for dinner.

There was an awkward silence as the maid served the foods for them. After the maids went back to their works, Jake decided to tell his thoughts to his dad regarding the previous conversation.

However, there is no way he wants to be stuck in this marriage but as per his dad's request, he had to agree. He can get rid of the girl by divorce, after everything will fall in place, till then she would have to suffer because once she'd got to know that he have had and will be having nights to spent with different different girls, she'd surely try to tell his parents which he can't let happen.

"Dad, I think I'm ready."

He said quite hesitantly as his parents stared at him for some seconds.

"Are you sure?"

"Yess I'm sure."

"Well, then be at time, tomorrow we will be having dinner with them."

Jake nodded followed by a sigh and hastily finished his meal before going back to his room.

He doesn't have the greed to take over his dad's company, he already have everything he could ask for but after his dad insisted for him to work on some projects because he can't seem to handle everything alone since he's aging, so Jake is learning the stuffs he needs to for looking after the company.

He locked the door and sat on the bed after taking his laptop. He searched for Mr Shin's daughter's information, but unfortunately he couldn't found anything, then he searched up about Mr Shin and after looking for some  minutes he was only able to find out her name as he closed the laptop and threw himself on the bed, recalling her name.

"Shin Raya it is."

•••••